Tim's Extended Track Lower Entry - 10 SS/Tc *REGISTERED*

Tim Moland

Where am I to ground the intercooler pump at? Can I just hook it up to the engine block? Maybe to the pump bracket?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You can ground it wherever is convenient. The engine block is just fine. You can use the pump bracket, but you just have to make sure the bracket has a good electrical connection back to the negative side of the battery. For me personally I ran additional ground wires for the pump, radiator fan, etc. I didn't like the idea of drilling holes in my frame for a ground wire.

Totally up to you.

Tim Moland

Got some things done in the last week.
20190514_025950.jpg

Got the intercooler piping finished up. The heat exchanger plumbed and pump wired up. I think I got the heat exchanger circulated enough to get most of the air out. I can't help but think the intercooler is only about half full of coolant, despite the fill tube being above the top. I'll keep an eye on it. I wired up the Headlights, blinkers and tail lights. Still need to mount the tag light and get the resister wired up to the 3rd brake light wire to make the cruise work. Installed all four rotors and calipers along with the brake lines. Riveted on the firewall tonight and installed the passenger kick panel. I think tomorrow night will be brake bleeding. I have bled individual brake lines before but never a new system. Any help, or video link, would be appreciated. I read someone bench bled the master cylinder. Is that necessary, or can I do that while it's in the car?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Attach a hose that curves above the caliper and down into a bottle. Make sure it's a tight fit on the bleeder screw and attach a zip tie around the hose where it hooks up to the bleeder screw. Then slowly pump away making sure you frequently check your fluid level in the master cylinder. No bench bleeding or fancy vacuum or pressure bleeder required.

Last edited:

Tim Moland

I actually have a "fancy vacuum". Do I start with the caliper that is closest to the master cylinder, or furthest away, or does it matter? And then, how about the clutch. Is it the same thing as the brakes with its bleeder screw?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I actually have a "fancy vacuum". Do I start with the caliper that is closest to the master cylinder, or furthest away, or does it matter? And then, how about the clutch. Is it the same thing as the brakes with its bleeder screw?
I always start at the furthest away so RR, LR, LF, RF. Yes the clutch is the same way I would also open the RR bleeder and put the tube on it and let it gravity bleed for a while before you start.

Tim Moland

I always start at the furthest away so RR, LR, LF, RF. Yes the clutch is the same way I would also open the RR bleeder and put the tube on it and let it gravity bleed for a while before you start.
Would the clutch be last since it comes from a separate area of the reservoir? Or after both rear lines are done(next furthest from the reservoir)?

Tim Moland

Got my clutch and brakes bled. Worked on some tunnel stuff. Mostly the e brake setup. Got it all installed and working. Decided to take it off the jack stands and let it stand on its own feet. I need to adjust the coilovers, as it's only 3 1/2" off the ground in the front.
20190520_023824.jpg

Here are some pictures of my E brake setup in case anyone else is struggling through it.
20190520_005726.jpg
20190520_005735.jpg
20190520_005750.jpg
20190520_005808.jpg
20190520_011326.jpg
20190520_011330.jpg
20190520_011338.jpg
20190520_011351.jpg
20190520_011408.jpg

bradr

Thank you for the awesome pictures! I am sure this will be helpful during my build. Will you be retaining the switch on the ebrake for the brake light in the cluster? If so, where do you plan on having the wire enter the tunnel?

Tony

Looks like you beat me to it. I didn't think about fitment with the firewall since mine isn't installed yet. Thanks for all the good pictures. I need to figure out where I can mount the cable tubes since I cut off the radiator tabs.

Tim Moland

Also, I will be trimming the ears off of the E brake bracket that hang over the edge of the tunnel cap. I didn't think that they would be an issue, but once I got the seat in, the bracket interferes with the seat sliding all the way back.
20190520_005750.jpg