Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I am actually using an electric powder coat gun by craftsman. It was 40 dollars on eBay, and it works pretty well.
Really? I'll have to check it out.
Out of curiosity, what was your bake temp and time?
How was the odors given off during the bake? Was it really bad or ok?

dperkins

Really? I'll have to check it out.
Out of curiosity, what was your bake temp and time?
How was the odors given off during the bake? Was it really bad or ok?
I used prismatic powders, and their bake is 12 minutes at 400 degrees. I could not smell any odor at all, even with my mask off.

dperkins

Rims are here! Sadly, I couldn't get them in gloss black, so I chose opal. I think I will just plastidip them black and see how that works.

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG

The pictures do not do the color justice. It looks really good and I might just keep them like this.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Rims are here! Sadly, I couldn't get them in gloss black, so I chose opal. I think I will just plastidip them black and see how that works.

View attachment 3163
View attachment 3164

The pictures do not do the color justice. It looks really good and I might just keep them like this.
Those looks great. Leave them like they are...i hate plasti dip on wheels. Seems like after a couple months getting it off is tough

Last edited:

dperkins

Little accident. I tore one of the little rubber boots that go in the brake caliper :(. Do I need to get a new one, or does it not matter? I can't seem to find a replacement for the Part No. 18-B4880A caliper, anyone know where to find it?

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4147.JPG

dperkins

Wheels and tires have been mounted :). I decided for the hell of it to paint them as well. Took me about an hour and a half to do all four.
IMG_4163.JPG

Thanks to JSTAX I got the replacement brake boot ordered. Should be here on Tuesday.

dperkins

The frame came back yesterday, but I forgot to post this picture. I have been working on the rivets, but my rivet gun broke so I had to order a new one. The color is illusion lite blue.

IMG_4236.JPG