Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

dperkins

I know this has been discussed at least once on this forum, but is all of the weight hanging off the exhaust header ok? The turbo and down pipe alone are at least 20 pounds, and the exhaust adds another 20-25 to that. I am thinking I can somehow weld a flat bar to the rear right side subframe mounting tube, and meet it with another bar welded to the exhaust then bolt it together. I have the solid mounts so the engine shouldn’t move and move the exhaust either. Any other problems I’m overlooking?
717A7509-54E2-4DB5-BCA3-3F24DD3ED4E0.jpeg

dperkins

Does anyone know where these two plugs go on the engine harness? I can't seem to find anything on the engine or the fuse box that these would connect to.

IMG_4400.JPG

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The connector with the orange seal looks like your engine oil pressure sensor. The other one appears to be for the A/C compressor clutch.

dperkins

I have confirmed that the blue one is infact the AC clutch wheel connector, but nothing on the orange one yet. It is a purple wire on the single plug.

dperkins

Not a lot of progress made in the past few days. Been very busy with Track and Field and school, so I have had little time. I have worked on the wiring of the engine and chassis. Unfortunately the EPS wires are way too short and the ignition wires are strained as well. I soldered on extensions to the EPS wires and I will try to figure out why they are so short.
IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG

dperkins

Finished up the 19th video, and I'm ready to drop in the engine :). Snapped my fuel cap in half, so I will find a custom one that looks good. Other than that, not much has happened besides installing these neat LED puck lights on the bottom of my lift so I can see a lil bit better.
IMG_4419.JPG

IMG_4420.JPG

dperkins

While finishing up my harness the last step was to re insulate some wires near really hot engine components like the turbo. I didn't want to have to buy sleeves or wire insulation off the web, so I tried something different out:
image.jpg

I wrapped the wires like normal with electrical tape, then wrapped again in plastic loom. I then took some aluminum tape and wrapped that around the loom to deflect heat from the wires. My original plan was to wrap the loom in fiberglass mat then in the tape, but the mat disintegrated while working with it. I'm crossing my fingers that this aluminum tape + loom + electrical tape works.

I see that you were doing ported heads. Im curious if ZZP made any specific claims on them or said that you need them for a specific reason for your build? I’m trying to decide if I spend the $2k there or elsewhere.
Also curious if you’ve checked fit on your wheels? I’m looking at a wheel with a similar width and rear offset and hoping it’ll fit.

dperkins

I see that you were doing ported heads. Im curious if ZZP made any specific claims on them or said that you need them for a specific reason for your build? I’m trying to decide if I spend the $2k there or elsewhere.
Also curious if you’ve checked fit on your wheels? I’m looking at a wheel with a similar width and rear offset and hoping it’ll fit.
I think the ported head is one of the key things I did to get to my power level. It can increase the HP by a lot, even on a stock car. If you want big power, the ported head + cams + tune and a new turbo do most of the heavy lifting and provide huge increases in power. Its probably a good purchase. Pretty easy to assemble as well because all you need to do is pop in the cams, for the upgraded springs and valves are installed already.
According to others on the forums, my wheels should fit just fine. I will be able to test that in the coming weeks when I drop in the engine and finish up a few other things.