Track Day Monster 2009 SS/TC Track Frame

SliderR1

try rockauto.com for the replacement line - they seem to have the best prices on replacement parts...

congrats on getting the engine out!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
try rockauto.com for the replacement line - they seem to have the best prices on replacement parts...

congrats on getting the engine out!
They do and that is where I get most of my parts, however the SC intercooler pump was over $300 on RA where as I was able to pick up the OEM Bosch pump from somewhere else for $89 shipped!

Johvans

You may not need a replacement. As long as the elbow on top of the trans is okay (and has the clip/insert intact) you should be fine.

The steel tubing comes into that fitting and you don't reuse the plastic one.

dperkins

You may not need a replacement. As long as the elbow on top of the trans is okay (and has the clip/insert intact) you should be fine.

The steel tubing comes into that fitting and you don't reuse the plastic one.
I don't know if it's ok. I think when I took out the engine it twisted a bit. Does the tubing come with the kit?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The kit will come with the steel tubing that goes from the slave cylinder to the back of the car to the hydraulic elbow on top of the F35 transmission. I went ahead and replaced my elbow and inside clutch pipe when I replaced the clutch/flywheel and Throw out bearing. Just to eliminate any problems in the future. The elbow at ZZP is around 20$ if I recall.

Nuker-

Johvans

The kit will come with the steel tubing that goes from the slave cylinder to the back of the car to the hydraulic elbow on top of the F35 transmission. I went ahead and replaced my elbow and inside clutch pipe when I replaced the clutch/flywheel and Throw out bearing. Just to eliminate any problems in the future. The elbow at ZZP is around 20$ if I recall.

Nuker-
X2

I did the exact same thing.

John

dperkins

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here is the elbow. I think I broke whatever clip or thing it mounts to, but I'm not sure. I still don't know how to take it off without breaking it any more...

Johvans

Here is the elbow. I think I broke whatever clip or thing it mounts to, but I'm not sure. I still don't know how to take it off without breaking it any more...
1). You can pull the clip out and the line with fitting will come out of the screwed in portion.

2.) You can put a wrench on the fitting that faces out and unscrew it and the line will come out.

As Nuker mentioned above you'll have to replace the clutch line inside the transmission (split the engine/trans). Look at the parts he's linked and it should give you a clearer idea of what you're looking at.

John

dperkins

Got the dash out and the wiring off of it today. Hoping to get the rear off then get the rest of the harness out of the cabin then I think I'll be done with the car! Hopefully I'll find a person to take the shell and the doors and stuff.

dperkins

Stuck again :( Cant get the coils off of the rear, no matter what I try. I have tried the way they show in the vid, which was just smack it, and I've also tried using spring compressors but those didnt work either.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Coils off of the cobalt's old rear? Or the Cobalt front Goblin rear? If you are talking about the main big nut that holds the spring retainer on the shaft, I had to end up torching mine then cranking on it with an impact wrench like a madman for several minutes!

Nuker-

dperkins

I’m talking about the current rears on the cobalt. I think I’ll try to take off the whole axle assembly and then take the coils off and that should work.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You guys are making me wonder what I did wrong. :) I don't remember having any issues. It seemed really straight forward.

I'm having a hard time picturing where you're having issues. Can you snap a pic?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I watched the video and I think I see where you're having issues. As long as the shock is disconnected you should have enough play in that arm to push down and remove the spring.

I didn't have to use spring compressors on either the front or back.

dperkins

Nothing, the videos just said to take them off. I got them off today by removing the gas tank then taking the rear assembly off.