Turbo ecm needed

JERMzSS

Hey all! My wife's ss/tc is having some real electrical issues and they've been narrowed to the ecm.

Any one have an extra one to sell or one they'd be willing to loan me so I could make sure that is our problem before I drop nearly $400 on a new one? I will pay for shipping both ways and send you a deposit to hold until it's safely returned through PayPal to cover it's cost should something happen.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Don't you need to program a new PCM(or ecm) to the BCM and the TCM? I thought Vehicle AntiTheft System would shut you down.

JERMzSS

You do but I'm being told I should be able to tell by changing out the ECM if my issues will be resolved without reprogramming it.

Mine will not allow or recognize the a/c, traction control, slow speed data and a few other things.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Adam asked me about a turbo ECM. I have one that I use for reworking wiring harness that you can borrow.
Adam can ship it tomorrow if you want to try it.

Astraeus

I had issues and thought I needed a new ECM as well. I bought one and then determined it was an unseated plug in my BCM. I still have the ECM and have no plans to use it if you still need one.

JERMzSS

Adam asked me about a turbo ECM. I have one that I use for reworking wiring harness that you can borrow.
Adam can ship it tomorrow if you want to try it.
Lonny that would be awesome If he can do that. I'll get it back to you asap.

JERMzSS

I had issues and thought I needed a new ECM as well. I bought one and then determined it was an unseated plug in my BCM. I still have the ECM and have no plans to use it if you still need one.
I'll try out Lonnys and let you know. Thanks!

Btw what were your issues like? Mine will not turn the a/c compressor on. The speedometer will not work but you can read not through the obd2 port. Traction control not functioning. A few other small things.

Astraeus

I'll try out Lonnys and let you know. Thanks!

Btw what were your issues like? Mine will not turn the a/c compressor on. The speedometer will not work but you can read not through the obd2 port. Traction control not functioning. A few other small things.
The car wouldn't crank or start. You can read the progression here: http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/first-start-no-crank-condition.789/post-16584

Separately, my OBDII scanner would not connect to the car and during my first drive my speedometer and coolant temps didn't work. I'm still not sure if that particular scanner will connect as HP Tuners works fine and does far more, and my speedo/ECT issue was swapped sensor plugs.