Vacuum line on intake pipe...connects to?

KLMOTORSPORTS

Awesome, thanks!! Another quick question...I’m not running any of the EVAP on my engine (using stand alone engine wiring harness)...know where the bottom vacuum hose on the SC By Pass would be connected to? I would assume off the intake?

Thanks!!
2DCEFAA4-DF3A-45F4-A492-960F4C2F8B3D.jpeg

baustin

here's what the stock Cobalt setup was for me:

If I'm understanding the parts correctly, the evap solenoid is mounted on a bracket with the boost controller solenoid just to the driver's side (names are probably slightly off). In this image you can see the route the line you're asking about runs to the boost controller. The evap system has a harder vinyl or plastic line that runs to the front side of the supercharger. Not sure what happens if you remove the boost controller but I'm starting with just the evap solenoid gone.

askiles

Awesome, thanks!! Another quick question...I’m not running any of the EVAP on my engine (using stand alone engine wiring harness)...know where the bottom vacuum hose on the SC By Pass would be connected to? I would assume off the intake?

Thanks!!View attachment 10142
It goes to the little boost controller electrical module thinga-ma-jiggy, to the driver's side of the valve cover. It was next to the evap stuff. You still need that to control the boost.

Ross

The MAF sensor needs laminar airflow, so reducing the rubber to aluminum overlap will allow a longer intake, and help.
The intake is near the limit of being too short.
Also those hose clamps need to be tighter than I thought, as mine failed the intake leak smoke test.
Easy fix, but it didn't idle right until i fixed it.