VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System)

Nilbog

Website is sketchy but the advanced keys options is about 300 if you remove the keyless entry option.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I like the Watsons streetworks setup. You can match your dash buttons that you have used.
That is true, however the Ulincos buttons used on the dash can easily be made to work with just about any system.

The Watson system retails for $199 but in order to get the RFID, it's an additional $99. Still not a bad system and I was really leaning this direction originally. I do like the button better and may upgrade to that button.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Website is sketchy but the advanced keys options is about 300 if you remove the keyless entry option.
I believe that is just a push button system without any key fobs, so there is no security. I wanted something to carry in with me to prevent someone from just pushing the button and taking off with it. Well, I guess the steering wheel could do that. ;)

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I believe there are some credit card style rfid systems that are not specific to automotive applications but do use proximity sensing. It could simply switch over a relay when proximity activated, allowing a starter button to work.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I believe there are some credit card style rfid systems that are not specific to automotive applications but do use proximity sensing. It could simply switch over a relay when proximity activated, allowing a starter button to work.
I actually have a box of 17 new RFID readers at work that are going in the trash. They are USB readers. I don’t have the software nor the gumption to try and get them to work. Like some of the others, the card has to be held to the reader to work. I want something I don’t have to have in my hand. If anyone wants one, it’s yours.

Last edited:

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I had thought that there were some readers that had better reciever range? Where if you’re say, 3-6 ft. away they would pick up the rfid, like many of the newer cars? I’ll have to go online and look around. I do like this idea.