VIN Decode

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I did a 5 for $5 at compnine.com. I have four left if anybody is interested. Post your VIN, and I'll post your build sheet.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Kewl! I didn't know that I had the G85 LSD! Didn't really care if I did or not.

Anyone know what the MM5 is on the transmission?

PHerder

There should be an info plate on top of the transmission that states it is a LSD... Note it also lists the FDR at 4.05.
LSD-label.jpg

The MM5 (as far as I can find) just means you have a manual 5 speed transmission parts...

the MM5 RPO is for manual 5-spd equipment, like pedals,master cyl., slave cyl. etc.
or as another web site posted:
MM5
Merchandised Transmission - Manual 5 Speed Provisions
Not to mention that you do not have the 5 speed that is behind the 2.2l engine:
MU3
Transmission - Manual 5 Speed, Saab, 76.5 MM, 3.38 1st, 0.70 5th

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't think my transmission plate says LSD on it despite the build sheet saying it does. Not sure what to believe now.

PHerder

I don't think my transmission plate says LSD on it despite the build sheet saying it does. Not sure what to believe now.
Next question would be did the PO change out the transmission for one behind a 2.2l because it was cheaper/more available (after blowing it up? :confused:)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The degreaser I used cleaned off most of the paint on that plate. I took a photo of it the best I could just after I noticed it dripping away. I will have to try and find it.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Like a bonehead, I didn't save my report when I signed up back in January. I did this time. Anyways, I have four left for anybody interested.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Like a bonehead, I didn't save my report when I signed up back in January. I did this time. Anyways, I have four left for anybody interested.
Maybe I should double check and make sure I have an LSD....lol......guess it is too late tat this point, haha.