Warning - Clutch Fluid Level

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Any chance you're pulling air into the system? I would imagine the reservoir to master lines are not nearly as tight as the rest of the system. Now that I think about it, I had evidence of a little bit of a leak on the master cylinder side of those lines that's not come back, and I'm wondering if it only leaked when I pressure bled the system in the beginning.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
That is the only thing I can think of... Something some where has a seal to hold pressure in but not back... because as far as I can tell I have lost no fluid. but I do not loose vac if I have the adapter good and tight.

And one would think that if you evacuated just the air bubbles out of the system that both pedals would be solid after vac was removed.

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Fair point, I guess the only way my hypothesis makes sense is if you're pulling air into the supply lines right at the master cylinder and they're making their way inside the pressurized side of the system, but just barely, and then immediately working their way back out when the system gets cycled a little bit. Do keep in mind if you've run the supply lines as DF intended (nylon tubing over brass barbs), they're not likely to hold up to a ton of pressure or vacuum. They might do fine for low pressure/vacuum bleeding but that's also nowhere near what actual brake system pressures are like between the master and the calipers/slave cylinder.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I would have to agree with you, I watched a vid were the guy just sucked w his mouth.... I went ahead and Just vaced it from the clutch elbow again held up on a 6 mile drive, Ill let it sit a few hours and see if it fades. But again it is all the way at the bottom (about an inch of pedal and it is fully engaged.