Washington State Goblin Owners

Dre

Would love to check it out at some point. Still trying to get clarity if anyone in Washington State has made it through the WSP inspection and registered yet.
I'll let you know when my kit gets in. I ordered everything at once.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Still trying to get clarity if anyone in Washington State has made it through the WSP inspection and registered yet.
The only one in the state that is closer to completion than Alex's build is the one that Darby/Matt did. They haven't been in the forum since April though.

Dre

I did not keep the EVAP canister, and I had my parts and frame coated by Superior Powder Coating in Arlington [360-386-7150]. $80 for the sheetmetal and some donor parts and $350 for the frame, subframe, control arms, and tunnel cover.
Did you remove the bushings from the control arm before taking it in to get it powdercoated?

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Was browsing around the Exocet forums.....those guys have registered cars and claim that WA state is as as easy as it gets.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Did you remove the bushings from the control arm before taking it in to get it powdercoated?
I was referring to the Goblin front control arms, so there were no bushings to remove. I replaced the steel arms from my donor with the aluminum ones because one was bent and the aluminum looks better than a stamped and welded assembly.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I was referring to the Goblin front control arms, so there were no bushings to remove. I replaced the steel arms from my donor with the aluminum ones because one was bent and the aluminum looks better than a stamped and welded assembly.
What are the aluminum ones off of?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
SS and Sport trims. RPO codes are FE3 and FE5. I think the only difference between the two is the bushing used, but I could be mistaken.

Dre

I did not keep the EVAP canister, and I had my parts and frame coated by Superior Powder Coating in Arlington [360-386-7150]. $80 for the sheetmetal and some donor parts and $350 for the frame, subframe, control arms, and tunnel cover.
When you are referring to tunnel cover are you referring to the middle portion that travels the length of the vehicle in the photo attached?

Attachments

Dre

Also, i picked up my frame today. I'm storing out which components to powdercoat and which to paint.

Dre

Has anyone looked into using fog lights with the spot and flood combo for their vehicles? I want to get some of these because of how low profile they are. I'm unsure it will pass inspection.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I haven't considered fog lights at all, but I'm planning to use the JW Speaker 8415 Evolution in a 4.5" pedestal mount bucket for my forward lighting solution.

Dre

That's nice... I bought some 7" round headlights and they are way too big, so I'm looking for something smaller.

Dre

I'm going to pack mine up and send them back... I'm leaning toward the rectangular lights. I saw one that's 4" X 6", But not sure how that will look. The fog lights are nice and small and their brackets don't require much modifications.