We have a roller

kalishek

That Goblin-T looks great in red. Going to forgo a muffler and just bolt on a Super Trap diffuser to long tube header?? >8O
KAL

PHerder

I knew the Goblin was small when I saw the picture of it behind the Camaro but it is even smaller than the Mini! Looking good!

Goblin-SS

I'm going to have a small racing cat and a magna flow muffler. I'm just waiting to build the exhaust. I need the new shifter cable bracket. Till have have the cables installed the exhaust has to wait.....

Also the lighting in the garage didn't show its true color. It's Chevy racing orange

AleX1/9

Looks awesome!

Are those the factory 18" SS wheels? They look even bigger on the goblin than I thought they would!

Goblin-SS

Yeah they are the SS 18" thay are too big. But I have 2 sets of 18" tires some once I burn off that rubber I'll buy nice and light 16" wheels

PHerder

On the muffler note, I'm seriously considering running nothing but a cherry bomb. I think it would look really cool and match the rest of the frame well. It's so so cheap too, no idea what it would sound like though.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Cherry+Bomb/545/87522CB/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180001014897&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=aud-194567929031:pla-171301201511&catargetid=230006180003478143&cadevice=m&gclid=CLLj4pXD8s8CFdgOgQod-_APKw
BTDT can you say "LOUD"? :rolleyes: I.e. one step away from open pipe.

My Stalker had two straight thru "mufflers" and it was unpleasant to ride in but of course, the exhaust exited right in front of the rear wheels, exactly where I was sitting.

YMMV. :eek:

JSATX

Goblin Guru
That zzp header looks really cool....but how are you going to rout anything with the end so close to the ground?

Goblin-SS

2016-10-29_11.53.27.jpg

Don't judge me on my fin art skills but this is the idea that I have for the exhaust. Will have a small high flow cat just to cut down on fumes. 3 inch polished stainless steel pipes

BAR-AIR

Your Goblin is coming along nicely (looks awesome). I'm kind of working with the same issues on the exhaust. Are you going to hang the cat and muffler entirely off the zzp header? Take a look at running a 1 1/4" tube between the brackets for the rear spoiler (trying to get Adam to make up some extra spoiler brackets that can be welded to that tube and then bolted into the car). With mine that tube will run about 3" above the muffler plenty of room to add tabs and insulators between the muffler and tube. As for the cat Walker makes CalCats (California emissions compliant and only about 7" in overall length). I was having issues finding a place to do the exhaust bends locally (ended up going to Mandrel bends exhausts on web easy to deal with and can do 180 degree bends on a 3" radius smallest I found).
Bruce

BAR-AIR

IMG_0845.JPG

Good Evening,
Here are a couple of photos of the exhaust with the mocked up of the tube running across. The J tube still needs to be cut down then the muffler can be mounted. At that point I can locate the tabs on the muffler and tube (with snap in insulators) for support. The additional 02 bung is going to be for the tuning probe.
IMG_0844.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

BAR-AIR

That is a full CARB compliant catalytic converter on a home made down pipe. (I'm on the road until Thursday I can get you the numbers). I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a exhaust that would pass the NYS DOT registration requirements. So here are the good and bad of it. Good... looks good on the car, actually did the tune on the car with it and was able to get the engine idiot lights to go out. Bad... extreme heat with it on melted the exhaust insulators in a matter of minutes. So I have a call into the tuner I'm not sure if I clogged the catalytic converter on the initial start ups (fouled out the first set of plugs in the first 10 starts). Or the additional of the supercharger is just too much for that catalytic converter. So right now I'm going to reinstall it for the DOT inspection and then pull it off unless I can get it to work. The biggest problem I'm having is the tunes are completely different with the two different exhaust systems. Current tune works good with the cat'ed exhaust, but with the 3" exhaust runs good with normal driving but as soon as you really get into the throttle acceleration is definitely lacking (hesitation like the lack of back pressure is letting the power that should be going to the wheels is going out the exhaust) and if you let up on the throttle I'm getting a back fire out of it.

Tony

Well then... I was just thinking it would cut down on noise and smell - don't need it in Indiana. Sounds like it would be more trouble than it's worth to have a cat haha.