What wires are used for the cooling fan?

Oldchevyguy

I watched the movie over and over. I've studied wiring diagrams. My 05 SS/SC DOES NOT have the same plug Adam uses in the movie for the cooling fan. Can anyone help me?

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Mine may be totally different but I have a heavy gauge (GREY) wire coming from location A-11 [high speed] and a heavy gauge (LT BLUE) wire coming from location F-10 [low speed]. And both of those are coming out of the Large Black Rectangular Block (Main Fuse Block). Even if the locations are different I would guess the color coding and the heavy gauge wire would be the same.
Thx,
Bruce
F8F3A1FE-E186-4740-BAA2-BE90CC00DC67.jpeg

You can look under my build log all the major plugs and blocks I tried to label...

Attachments

Oldchevyguy

Here is a diagram that Ron T sent me. I need to find the lt blue wire and send it across the harness to the fan. But notice how the stock low speed fan is grounded. The white wire goes through another relay, and ultimately grounds behind the headlight. Could I just use the lt blue wire, and provide a simpler ground path?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Here is a diagram that Ron T sent me. I need to find the lt blue wire and send it across the harness to the fan. But notice how the stock low speed fan is grounded. The white wire goes through another relay, and ultimately grounds behind the headlight. Could I just use the lt blue wire, and provide a simpler ground path?
The white wire had that relay on it so that on the dual fan cars it would run both fans at the same time and speed. Later models had one fan. At least I think I am correct on this. The fan on the goblin will be a single speed fan that you will never think that it will turn on.
Any ground to the frame should work.
Ark is correct

ccannx

Goblin Guru
On the 07ss I followed the build videos and layed the 2 heavy guage wires in my harness to extend from one side of the harness to the other. When it came time to wire them I simply spliced them to the 2 large heavy guage plugs/fan connectors from the engine harness and grounded to the frame at the front for the black/ground for each fan connection.

Oldchevyguy

Ok, I got this figured out. The black rectangular plug mentioned above is in THE ENGINE HARNESS. Tracing the large lt blue wire I found the plug for the cooling fan near the intercooler pump. IT IS NOT IN THE MAIN HARNESS. See pictures. Now extending these wire to the front, using a heavy duty 2 pin plug, off of a winch harness. I do not see s second wire for a second fan. Although there is a second fan relay.