Wheels and tires

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I got a great deal on my tires and wheels here. https://www.performanceplustire.com/staggered/ They will let you do staggered wheel sizes also. I ended up with wheels, tires, mounted and balanced, nitrogen filled, lug nuts and shipping all for a little less than $1000.00 If you serch around there is a coupon or code available

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Internet is the best place to get wheels and tires. Pretty open ended question... If you want a good price, I have 4 cobalt ss wheels with new Toyo Proxes you can have cheap.
If you want performance, maybe check out my build log, and spend $1719.63 on sticky tires, wheels, spacers, mounting and balancing.

JERMzSS

Internet is the best place to get wheels and tires. Pretty open ended question... If you want a good price, I have 4 cobalt ss wheels with new Toyo Proxes you can have cheap.
If you want performance, maybe check out my build log, and spend $1719.63 on sticky tires, wheels, spacers, mounting and balancing.
Ross how much for the Toyos? What size are they?

Ross

Goblin Guru
215/45R18 with 10/32" treads on them. The wheels are a little rough - a bit of paint bubbling from underneath corrosion. Don't see any curb rash on them.

baustin

Not sure they are always the best price if you're going for large brands but I've had good dealings with Discount Tire (discounttire.com), they also run a competing online based discounttiredirect.com. Price structure varies slightly between the 2, but it's worth a look. I think the 'direct' is more for ship to home like if you buy wheels and tires at the same time, you don't have to have a store near you, they say they will mount/balance the package though I haven't dealt with that from them yet.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I use Walmart, mostly because they are open extended hours and are available everywhere. They have saved me a few times when I needed after-hours tire repair.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I was hoping to find some good, reputable sites other than tirerack.com
Discount tire could not touch what I got from performance plus. The big issue I had was wanting 16" fronts and 17" rears no one wanted too sell them with stagger. Every one wanted to know what vehicle it was going on. and that my tire combination would not fit the cobalt.

Last edited:

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I'll check out those sites.

Every one wanted to know what vehicle it was going on. and that my tire combination would not fit the cobalt.
This right here is why I don't like some of the sites and tire places. They only know what's in their computer.....

Ross

Goblin Guru
They asked me "What car" when I went to Walmart. I said DF Goblin - Look that up! They put the tires on, and quit asking.