Wheels, tires and brakes.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know if slotted/cross drilled rotors in the 4x100 size and the same sizes as the kit uses? I just like the look of them :D

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah I seen those, But they are only 10" and the goblin uses 11" up front. I'll have to keep looking. Apparently some years mini cooper uses 4x100 in 11".

Nuker-

RichN

I've got slotted and drilled rotors made in America on my Honda Pilot, never had an issue, on my second set of pads on all 4 corners.
If you don't buy cheap made in China ones, you should be all set.

PG5

Oh right, I forgot about that. Doesn't DF just redrill the 11" rotors from the base model 5 lug cobalt?

It might be easier to see if DF could redrill some slotted/cross drilled rotors for you. I don't think the the Mini Cooper rotors will work, they are slightly smaller on all dimensions.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Heads up if you are considering the 6ul wheels like I bought from goodwinracing. If you go with 15s on the front you will need to have a machine shop bore out the center hole from 54.1 to 56.1mm the 16s and 17s are 67xx mm so they are fine no matter. I was looking at the wheels and noticed they were not snug on the rotors then it hit me....

Nuker-

Silverback

In my search for a 4x100 11" rotor I came across a brake bias calculator, So I thought I'd share:

http://www.jakelatham.com/radical/info/brake_calculators.shtml
Thanks PG5, what a great tool for sorting brakes. Does anyone know what the bores are for the Cobalt master cylinders? I'm thinking that the SS may be different from base models because of the Brembo 4-pot calipers. For those of us who are running small front / big rear wheels this calculator can sort that out too. Plus, it has a good rule-of-thumb guideline from Tilton:
  • Rear locks up first, pedal firm-reduce front master cylinder size.
  • Rear locks up first, pedal feels soft-increase rear master cylinder size.
  • Fronts lock up first, pedal very firm-reduce rear master cylinder size.
  • Fronts lock up first, pedal feels soft-increase front master cylinder size

PG5

Best I can tell all Cobalt variants have a .875 Bore except for the SS w/ Brembos which have a slightly larger bore of 0.9375.

PG5

I've come across a Wilwood Brake Package for the Chevy Cobalt from Revolution Brake. So I emailed them about possibly adapting the Brake Package for the Goblin. I got a quick, friendly reply and they seemed happy to supply the kit with calipers correctly sized for the front and rear (He asked for a few details like the total weight of the car, front/rear weight distribution, tire size and master cylinder size). The kit can be used with either the 4 or 5 lug hubs and includes SS brake lines. He quoted me $1798 for the full set (front and rear). It's kind of expensive but looks like a good brake package.

http://store.revolutionbrake.com/14-0029a.html

If anyone else is interested, I spoke to Kevin.

Last edited:

DanPerryy

My stock 11" fronts and 10" backs single caliper stop me on a dime - no weight - no mass to stop. $1900 is a long way to a turbo or a supercharger. I need to go faster to require me to stop faster!!!