Wheels, Tires and Seats List

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I struggled with it also trying to figure a staggered set of wheels and tires that I really liked as a combo. I finally just settled for 17" all the way around. Maybe too much in the front, but I can replace them and keep the fronts for an extra set in the rear I guess. Good luck, decision,decisions!

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Updated the Wheels, Tires, Frame, etc... List at the top of this thread with the latest updates. Keep the info coming! If you would like the Excel spreadsheet of this info, just PM me and I'll send it to you email address.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Put me down for:

Goblin Builder: ctuinstra
Chassis Number: 049
Frame Type / Color: City /Orange #2008
Donor Year / Engine: 2007 SS/SC
Wheel Make / Model: XXR 530
Front Wheel - Size / Offset / Bolt Pattern: 17" X 8.25" 25mm offset / 5.61" backspacing 4x100
Rear Wheel - Size / Offset / Bolt Pattern: 17" X 8.25" 25mm offset / 5.61" backspacing 4x100
Wheel Weight in lbs.:
Tire Make / Model: Toyo PROXIES R888R
Front Tire Size: 235/40ZR17 90w
Rear Tire Size: 235/40ZR17 90w
Seat Make / Model: Corbeau Forza Wide

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I've been looking a lot of wheels lately. I end up looking at this list, then googling the pictures etc. It would be great if everyone who has their wheels / seats etc mounted or possibly even unmounted, could snap a picture with their post. That way people could see what different types look like on the goblin, or how the seats look etc. Thoughts?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I've been looking a lot of wheels lately. I end up looking at this list, then googling the pictures etc. It would be great if everyone who has their wheels / seats etc mounted or possibly even unmounted, could snap a picture with their post. That way people could see what different types look like on the goblin, or how the seats look etc. Thoughts?
Funny, I was just thinking about this last night. When I get the car on the ground and get it in some good light, I'll take some photos focusing on primarily the wheels and tires on the car.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Is it a good idea to use hub centric rings? They're cheap so I was just wondering if I should just save my $5 or not.
I would recommend them if your wheels aren't already hub centric sized to your hubs.
I definitely could tell on my TT when Discount Tire didn't re-install them. I couldn't tell at first but after logging some miles (and a pothole or two) and when driving in stop and go traffic I noticed it.

You could get away without them if your really careful when snugging up the lug nuts before torquing. But why, they're an inexpensive, quick insurance to center your wheel.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I would recommend them if your wheels aren't already hub centric sized to your hubs.
I definitely could tell on my TT when Discount Tire didn't re-install them. I couldn't tell at first but after logging some miles (and a pothole or two) and when driving in stop and go traffic I noticed it.

You could get away without them if your really careful when snugging up the lug nuts before torquing. But why, they're an inexpensive, quick insurance to center your wheel.
I am glad this topic was brought up. I just saved some in my cart for my wheels. 4.99 amazon prime. The cobalt hubs are 65.1 and most aftermarket wheels are 73.1

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Small update. The wheels I originally planned to get aren't really orange like the website shows so I changed my mind on them.

I ordered Sparco Trofeo 5s instead. The offset is 36 mm. Everything else is the same.

Silverback

Ordered wheels and tires, a slight change from the original plan...

Front: Enkei RPF1's 15x7-35 on 4x100 @ 9# w/ Bridgestone RE-71R SL 205/50R-15 @ 21# = 30#/corner 23.1" tall
Rear: Enkei RPF1's 17x8.5-30 on 5x114.3 @ 17# w/ Bridgestone RE-71R SL 245/40R-17 @ 23# = 40#/corner 24.7" tall
Total weight 140#