Where’s the big boys at?

Jbthomp

Hey guys! I’m looking into building a car but I was just curious as to how much room is in the car for bigger guys? I’m 6’4” and about 300 lbs. I know is difficult to quantify as everyone is built different. Is there any bigger guys that have a car that would like to share their experience?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hey guys! I’m looking into building a car but I was just curious as to how much room is in the car for bigger guys? I’m 6’4” and about 300 lbs. I know is difficult to quantify as everyone is built different. Is there any bigger guys that have a car that would like to share their experience?
6'3" and 270, I am going with the extended frame. I sat is a standard frame, a little too cramped to crawl in under the steering wheel. With a 'wider' seat - like the SS seats from a donor - I fit nicely width wise. Note: the extended frame is built with the rollbar 2 inches higher than standard, so headroom is not really an issue.

Tony

6'5" and 245, I got the extended (street), and there's plenty of room. The seats I got are designed for taller people, and are not as heavily bolstered as many dedicated racing seats. Braum Venom.

Tim Moland

I am 6'3" 300lbs. This is me test fitting myself in ctuinstra's old frame. It is an extended city frame with lower entry bars, and we used a stock cobalt seat. I did not fit in the recommended seats. I sat more on top of the hip bolstering instead of down in the seat. My donor is an SS, so the seats I'm using are pretty comfortable and have good bolstering. The only other option I could see was using kirkey aluminum race seats. They are really thin on the side walls and come in a variety of widths for us wider assed individuals. I just don't know if they will fit in the car. I will have to get a better measurement when I get my frame.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I meant to put a link to them. You will have to use the drop down on the style to see the wide version. Actually they were almost a bit too wide for me. They did fit in the car but we used a custom seat bracket with sliders.

This photo is not of the wide version, looks the same, just a bit wider.