Where do these go?

grantcropper

Smart people of the DF Community - how do I figure out where to plug these in? I bought a donor that doesn't have a stock setup. Lots of sweet upgrades, but not a 'follow the manual' setup.

Forgive the semi-double post, as I posted a long Engine Help request somewhere else asking all sorts of questions, but maybe it's best that I solve the three mysteries one at a time.

Last edited:

RichRich

Aren't those all vacuum lines lines for the turbo? 3 will go to the wastegate control line, 4 to turbo housing for boost reference, 2 should plug into the intake somewhere close to the turbo for the actual vacuum. Where is 1 running to?

In this picture 2 would tie into that white thing near the bottom, that has a port that goes directly before the impeller
IMG_2716.jpg

Last edited:

grantcropper

Yes I believe they are all vacuum lines. Just not sure if they will all go where a stock service manual says they go?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
If your going to pay for dyno time, I would remove the blue silicone hose reducer. Definitely an air restriction on the turbo intake side, limiting your overall output potential. Keep the intake plumbing the same inside diameter from the turbo all the way to the air cleaner.

grantcropper

From the feedback I have gotten, it seems like I should wait to tune and dyno my engine until after its all moved over to the goblin. So is it a good idea just to get everything put back together, make sure it starts and idles and call it good? then move it over?