Wing Options

ctuinstra

Has anyone found a good carbon fiber wing that matches (or close to) the 27" spread of the Goblin mounts? I find all kinds of them but no measurements.

dperkins

Pretty sure the generic 69” wings work from eBay. Only 300 dollars for a CF one and the quality isn’t half bad

Edit: Turns out the 69” wings have a bracket width of 32 inches. The 59” or 60” wings will work as they’re 29” wide.

Last edited:

terryjr

I had the cheap cheap eBay wing, coincidentally my mounts we're 27". That wing bounce around like styrofoam. I since went to 41", the width of my bed and ordered a Battle Aero wing. They also will put mounts we're you want them. Narrowest is 62"

terryjr

The upper link is what I had. Even after pumping it full of great stuff, it still bounced all around. It also felt like it created a ton of drag.

ctuinstra

The upper link is what I had. Even after pumping it full of great stuff, it still bounced all around. It also felt like it created a ton of drag.
That's one of the reasons that I'm looking for carbon fiber. That should help it to be stronger. Don't want drag though.

Just read way too much on those 9 lives racing wings... Wow what a good wing! Might be able to get a goblin to do a wheelie with all the extra down force. Going to need one up front too!

terryjr

If I would have seen those 9 lives before I ordered mine I would have went that direct. I spent a good while before looking for extruded aluminum airfoils and never came across them.

I have a good fiberglass shop down the road from me. The owner (Ed) is great, and his guys already make parts for jeeps. I asked him about making a front carbon fiber wing for our Goblins, and he said sure, no problem. Need to get him to talk to Lonny and Adam... quality USA hand laid up parts. Pro-Glass, 3207 S Old Wire Rd, Rogers, AR, (479) 381-6989.

IDRVSLO

If I would have seen those 9 lives before I ordered mine I would have went that direct. I spent a good while before looking for extruded aluminum airfoils and never came across them.
Quality product but man it is a long wait for him to build and ship them....

dperkins

90% of the carbon fiber wings for sale online are made in the same factory then branded differently. The APR GTC200 wing is the same as a generic eBay wing, just marked up with their logo on it. This NRG wing on eBay is the same as APR but half the price. I have placed an order on one of them and it’ll be here within a week.

IDRVSLO

90% of the carbon fiber wings for sale online are made in the same factory then branded differently. The APR GTC200 wing is the same as a generic eBay wing, just marked up with their logo on it. This NRG wing on eBay is the same as APR but half the price. I have placed an order on one of them and it’ll be here within a week.
What are your plans for mounting?

i dont know how same they are, but the NRG ones on ebay certainly look better than my cheapy cheap. (search 57" wing on ebay) That one has a rear lip that goes about straight up on a 2" radius, very flat awkard front edge and is flimsy as cardboard. Stay far away from the 57" ebay special