Wing Options

dperkins

What width are the NRG mounts at? Assuming you will need to drill out the rivets and reattach them or do they come not mounted?
They're 29 inches apart. If I have to drill the rivets I would rather see if I could accommodate the original position but if it isn't possible that's ok.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
90% of the carbon fiber wings for sale online are made in the same factory then branded differently. The APR GTC200 wing is the same as a generic eBay wing, just marked up with their logo on it. This NRG wing on eBay is the same as APR but half the price. I have placed an order on one of them and it’ll be here within a week.
Let us know how that one works out and how you mount it. We are very seriously looking now. Thanks!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I saw Goonzquad had their carbon fiber wing delivered and installed.
For those guys we pulled one of our used personal wings that was on our car because of cosmetic defects from the factory. That one was from the batch that appears be prone to splitting down the leading edge.

The next batch just arrived and while the leading edge appears to be intact at first inspection, instead of laying up aluminum plates inside the wing for us to accurately drill and tap with the CNC mill, they drilled the carbon fiber themselves and installed rivnuts directly into the carbon. They also drilled the end caps this time and they weren't drilled as accurately as we would've done. The rivnuts have us concerned. There is a really good chance that we have a batch of wings that we can't send out.

We never pictured sourcing wings to be this big of an issue but here we are. We were trying to keep the wings affordable but it is looking more likely that the wing is going to have to be even more expensive to get a consistent product. I'm still reaching out to USA wing manufacturers but the prices for these wings are high considering the whole kit is only ~$10,000.

We've already pulled the wing option from the website (this was done at least two months ago). We were hoping this was a temporary change to the website and we'd get the wings figured out. At this point, we are fairly certain that we will never be able to offer a carbon fiber wing at the price we had online. It will more than likely be $1,000 for a carbon wing once we get a USA made wing lined up.

@BaltimoreHokie I'm refunding your wing purchase since even this most recent shipment looks like it won't be able to go out to you.

@IDRVSLO It looks like you were never invoiced for a wing so no refund is due as far as I can tell. Please keep us all updated on how your aluminum wing works out.

If anyone else is owed a wing and would like a refund, please shoot me an email or give us a call: 469-552-9366 or 214-334-0232

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I was not invoiced correct and I had to come up with a solution that I hope will work out. It was the optics of some kids on Youtube quickly getting a wing when some have been waiting for 6+ months from my understanding.

This is that clarity to the masses thing that Bar Air was talking about.

This is why I tagged you guys to explain the situation to those who view these threads.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
@Adam if you would like I can get measurements for the mounts that come on the wing and we could work together to get a secondary upright designed to fit the NLR wing(depending on how it looks......haha). Might get the guys some more options in the future for wings.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Thanks for your reply Adam. I really like that style wing so that really sucks and I am sure you guys are let down as well. As IDRVSLO mentioned. hopefully we can find one similar for sale. Or find another solution that will utilize the mounting location on the goblin.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Can you post a pic on what to look out for as far as cracking? As far as I can tell, I don't have any. Also, if you can go ahead and refund half the money for the mental anguish of worrying about cracking, that would be great. :)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
With these guys working so hard to try and find a wing that is made and works well and still coming up short, these leaves me without any hope of ever finding one myself. :rolleyes:

If anyone finds one that bolts up and can get brackets, let us know!

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
With these guys working so hard to try and find a wing that is made and works well and still coming up short, these leaves me without any hope of ever finding one myself. :rolleyes:

I found two on Amazon that have brackets that are 28 inches apart (our frame wing connections are 27). Then another that's 24" apart. The only thing is connecting to the DF hardware. So. I d k how it'll work out.

TYPE-1 3D Universal 57" Real Carbon Fiber Adjustable Rear Trunk GT Spoiler Wing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071765VJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Z76sCbF52HQ2J

Cuztom Tuning Universal 57" Carbon Fiber Adjustable Stand Up Type Big GT-Style Rear Trunk Deck Spoiler Wing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G66JVR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C-6sCbEK794D5

Anyone wanna give it a shot? Not many reviews.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru

Mine ships on the 29th....will have it on the week of the 4th.

Christopher Sanchez

I found two on Amazon that have brackets that are 28 inches apart (our frame wing connections are 27). Then another that's 24" apart. The only thing is connecting to the DF hardware. So. I d k how it'll work out.

TYPE-1 3D Universal 57" Real Carbon Fiber Adjustable Rear Trunk GT Spoiler Wing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071765VJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Z76sCbF52HQ2J

Cuztom Tuning Universal 57" Carbon Fiber Adjustable Stand Up Type Big GT-Style Rear Trunk Deck Spoiler Wing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G66JVR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C-6sCbEK794D5

Anyone wanna give it a shot? Not many reviews.
Do you know the over all width of the DF wing that was offered? I am looking at options such as these you listed. Can someone list the specs of the DF mounting brackets? How tall are they? Price? The look of the nrg wing resembles the DF goblin wing in my opinion.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do you know the over all width of the DF wing that was offered? I am looking at options such as these you listed. Can someone list the specs of the DF mounting brackets? How tall are they? Price? The look of the nrg wing resembles the DF goblin wing in my opinion.
I like the NRG wing and would be willing to go that route if there were brackets that worked with it. I just don't have access to that kind of tooling without making something ugly.