WRAPS VS. PAINT?

Christopher Sanchez

I am getting real close to either having my panels painted or wrapped. I would like to hear thoughts on which route is best in your opinion pro vs cons. What route did you go with? Do you regret it? One main concern that i have is the hood is kind of a pain to line up and fear I would scratch paint. One factor is that i have a friend of a friend who is interested in the project and has agreed to paint it for me on the side. He always does great work and I would like to let him try something unique to it.. Any advice appreciated

KLMOTORSPORTS

Having race cars in the past, I’ve always liked wraps for a couple of reasons. One is that I can design about anything (and as complex as I want) and it turns out awesome every time. Two, and the big one for me, is if I change my mind down the road, I can pull the wrap off and replace it with another...little more difficult with paint.

Also, if damaged or scratched, wrap can be reprinted/reapplied easily

Just some ideas

Ken

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
If you go with the wrap from the place that Chad got his it will be cheaper than painting. I painted just because I got the exact colors I wanted and I am comfortable with painting. I'm sure I would of had a few wrinkles in the wrap. I tried a few samples of Vvivid vinyl in different colors I was not happy. The blue was really close the yellow wouldn't look right from a plane at 5000 feet. In the end I spent way more on paint than the wrap. Good quality paint has gone outrageous in the last few years. In the end I am happy with it and that is all that counts.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Also, after a few years or so baking in the Hell Paso sun, a wrap will be a b!tch get get off.

Just something to think about.

Christopher Sanchez

Thanks for the replies guys, I will definitely post pictures on my build log once I make up my mind. But am leaning towards paint mainly because I have this professional offering his time. Unknown on how much he will charge but I will post that also including supplies. As brian noted a wrap can be placed over paint if I don't like it or need a change down the road, not to mention the 105 degree summer days which I did not know that about wrap. I know 105 does not touch you guys from parts of AZ!

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I wrapped mine, the side panels are easy......the hood, unless you are really experienced should be done in two pieces.

I have wrapped multiple cars for context.