WTB in California

trez63

Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while and have probably watched every video there is to see on this thing. Been wanting to own/build an exocar since I first saw an Atom 10+ years ago and most recently I've been researching the Goblin. I've watched all the build videos and gone through much of this forum and have come to the conclusion that I likely won't have the free time (or adequate space) to complete a build within 2 years so now I'm considering buying a completed one. I don't see any for sale in CA and wonder if it's because there are none or if its just that hard to get them registered in this state.
Anyway, if anyone is considering selling a completed Goblin in the CA area please let me know. I'll post back here if I have found one so I'm definitely interested if you still see this post.
From what I understand, completed cars can range from $25-35k and that's what I expect to pay depending on SS or non-SS and quality of the build.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't think there are many CA owners. Dperkins is the only one I know of off the top of my head. Also, I don't think most owners are ready to part with their Goblin just yet. But I'm sure anything can be bought if the price is right.

I know BAR-AIR in NY is trying to sell his completed kit. Not sure where he is with that.

Last edited:

BAR-AIR

For sale....
7F285D80-A8B4-457D-9753-A49F09412F56.jpeg
Here is a photo of the Goblin last summer...
I am located in Buffalo, NY
I think it is the closest Goblin to meet all DMV DOT requirements for all 50 states (laminated windshield,wipers, catalytic converter, bumpers, DOT lights, functioning emergency brake etc...). The only thing to finish is a little bit of fiberglass work to mate the front cowling to the windshield frame then paint or wrap. Also still waiting on the switch panel from DFKITCAR.
THX
Bruce
[email protected]
(716)510-6830

trez63

Your Goblin looks great! Ideally looking for a car that has been through the CA process already. Also weary of purchase without test drive as I've learned that lesson a couple of times already. I might be going to NYC in July and if you still have it I'll extend my trip to come and check it out.