ZacMaster's City Goblin - 2007 SSNA Donor

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Roger. Blue wire 5”.

I ended up unwrapping the whole thing since my engine and wires are CAKED with road grime. Once I started unwrapping the dirty parts, I just unwrapped all of it:

View attachment 7511

I removed the ac lines, second o2 sensor, and evap harness. Tonight, I’ll pull out the radiator wires per the discussion above.

Once I can label all the connectors (there’s a lot I don’t understand about this engine), I’ll pull the harness off to more easily detail the block.

Also, I got the rest of the donor disassembly complete. Need to list the shell as scrap metal on CL.
Don’t worry. Most of us had no idea what they were doing at this stage. I know I didn’t. Now I feel like I know every single part of that engine haha. It’s actually a lot simpler than it seems at first.

ZacMaster

(Walks over to imaginary record player....finds Queen....moves needle to Another One Bites the Dust.)

I hope I didn’t forget anything...

ZacMaster

Making slow progress on cleaning up the engine. I won’t be disassembling it to make it perfect to paint, but I do want to get all the road grime off.

Using a combination of wire brushes, mineral spirits, and patience. I’d guess I’m 10% complete.

Tim Moland

We road tripped to Doyle fab today to drop off some stuff. Adam said they used a soda blaster to clean the aluminum parts including the engine, so that's what I'm gonna try. Harbor freight has them.

ZacMaster

Did a little harness cleanup today.

Before:

After:

With the discard pile here:

I still have a few questions, but it’s already a much thinner harness.

ZacMaster

After more research last night, I was able to find and label (or remove):

1. Lighter wires (kept)
  2. Sub Woofer wires (removed)
  3. Backup Wires (kept)
  4. Connector for ambient temp sensor (kept) and hood ajar wires (removed)
  5. Heated seat connectors (removed)
  6. Body to engine harness (kept)

ZacMaster

Keeping this for posterity, I located my particular (2.4L, Manual, with ABS, but no Onstar) depiction of the data wires. My circuit highlighted in red.

Using words, there are data wires in the dash harness that come through the black/blue large multi-plug into the body harness.

They currently (skip the Onstar module because i don't have one), go to the brake control plug (which I have removed), and then proceed through a small black/purple plug to the engine harness where they connect to the ECM.

Since I had to cut the Brake Control connector out, I'll need to reconnect the wires to the black/purple plug that leads to the engine harness.

Should be it!

ZacMaster

Also, since I've coiled my rear light wires separately:

Yellow: Left rear Stop/Turn
Green Right rear Stop/Turn
Brown: Both marker lights
Light Green: Backup Lights

deuc224

I noticed you didnt keep much of ur donor to sell, im noticing a lot more people just discarding them. Nice progress

ZacMaster

I noticed you didnt keep much of ur donor to sell, im noticing a lot more people just discarding them. Nice progress
I couldn’t sell any of the big pieces (trunk, hood, doors, etc.) because they were clearly rebuilt with crap parts. I am up to about $400 in interior parts sold, though. Trunk carpet, headlights, seats, radio, amp, dash cover, blah blah. Rough work on eBay, but it’s working slowly...

ZacMaster

Ugh, I accidentally cut out my brake fluid level sensor. Need to solder it back in tonight.

Looks like pin 13 of the BCM plug. I hope I didn't cut it too short...

ZacMaster

Well, I’m through video 12 (reorganizing the harness part 2.)

It was a slow start, though.

1st, I had cut my master cylinder wires. Here I am resoldering to a very short lead on one of the BCM plugs.

Then, I had apparently cut out the third brake wire. Since I might need it for cruise control function, I traced it back to the square grey connector. Too hard to reattach there, I spliced in downstream.

Finally, I must’ve gotten carried away with the harness thinning and cut the accelerator pedal wire from the multi plug to the ECM. Easy to reconnect. (I only found my cut because I was retracing all of the other light blue wires near the fuse block. I should have been more careful.)

No more pictures, but a lot of progress. This tesa tape is great stuff. 51036. Bought ten rolls.

Oh. And I can’t find my parking brake wire. Searching the forums, I don’t think I need it (as long as I don’t care about the “brake” light on the dash). Any thoughts on this from the brain trust?