Detailed donor parts list

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I've started a Google document with a detailed list of pieces needed from the donor. This list includes extra info that I thought would be helpful during donor stripping.

Because this is a Google document, I can update it at any time. If you see anything wrong or have any questions, let me know so that I can correct the document. I will try to make notes here of any edits I've made so that you will know if anything has changed.

Revision Notes:
1/1/2016 - Created original document: "Detailed Donor Parts List"
1/3/2016 - Added to the dash removal instructions (2 bolts under windshield wipers)
1/25/2016 - DanPerryy added info about prepping the donor for disassembly and described the various wiring harnesses

Link:
Detailed Donor Parts List Google doc

Jkean949

Something witty
Thanks Adam, this is much appreciated and will go a long way in getting ready to take delivery of the frame.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Is there a list of parts out of the donors that typically have a bunch of wear that one might want to consider replacing prior to re-using them in the Goblin? I'm going to plan on putting a new clutch in, But would be nice to see what kind of part wear you are all seeing while taking the donor apart.

Thanks!
Nuker-

RichN

A couple things to do if your donor still runs:
Bring the vehicle to the self-serve car wash and clean the engine.
Have the A/C system drained. I didn't and ended up with neon green all over the garage floor.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Have the A/C system drained. I didn't and ended up with neon green all over the garage floor.
Or even if it's on a trailer, do the wash on the way home, then have the A/C drained somewhere. Done!

aaronbuley

ohhh good call! i will definitely do the AC drainage.

Madkat

New here, picked up a 08 sport. No keys had one cut but the anti theft is giving me grief. Tried the three 10 minute 10 second reprogramming I’ve heard of but my theft light keeps flashing and the horn sounds. The battery was stone dead when I got it, put a different one in and the horn went off. Any ideas before I bite the bullet and take it to the dealership to do the reprogramming.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
New here, picked up a 08 sport. No keys had one cut but the anti theft is giving me grief. Tried the three 10 minute 10 second reprogramming I’ve heard of but my theft light keeps flashing and the horn sounds. The battery was stone dead when I got it, put a different one in and the horn went off. Any ideas before I bite the bullet and take it to the dealership to do the reprogramming.
I was under the impression that the 10 minute relearn required a Tech 2 and that the other procedure was 30 minutes (3 10 minute cycles) per key.

Madkat

I think he said he tried that. Three 10 minute programming.
Yes I’ve tried it a few times. I’ve spoken with a friend who has knowledge of this and he’s said the same thing about the Tech 2 scanner. He’s got one and he’s going to help me out.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
You mention having a key cut but not if it’s a chip key. The relearn procedure still requires it to be a chip key. If you find someone with HPTuners they can turn the Vats off

Madkat

Hey thanks, yes it’s a chip key had it cut at the dealership with the vin. I’m not familiar with the tool you mentioned but a friend felt pretty confident that he could get it done with the tech2 he has. If not then I’ll look into what you suggested. I appreciate the feedback. I’ll let you know how it goes.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
For those of us who have to pass emissions, it'd be helpful to others to add the evap system to this list. In addition, the videos cut the evap system wires which should be highlighted as a 'Do Not Do!'

JSATX

Goblin Guru
For those of us who have to pass emissions, it'd be helpful to others to add the evap system to this list. In addition, the videos cut the evap system wires which should be highlighted as a 'Do Not Do!'
That’s more problematic than it might sound. You don’t have the factory gas tank so evap is going to be difficult to adapt. You’re also going to have to come up with some clever exhaust routing to get a CAT in there and post cat o2 bungs

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Don't want to derail the thread any further, but, in PA at least, specially-constructed vehicles (ie, the Goblin) are exempt from emissions testing. I would assume similarly in other states, because PA is one of the most hardcore states in terms of laws/requirements.

Are any vehicles excluded from Pennsylvania’s emissions program?

Yes. Vehicles will be excluded from the program if:
• the vehicle is registered as a street rod, classic, collectible, antique or specially constructed vehicle and motorcycles.
Vehicles excluded from the program will not have the “Emissions Inspection Required/Diesel Vehicles Exempt” message in their registration card.

ToxicBill

A couple of questions

Electrical System
Which part of the harness is the "dashboard heater harness"? From what I recall, I pulled one harness out of the dash
What is the starter power harness? I still have the wiring/harness on the engine (powertrain harness)
Is the "ground cable amperage module" the giant fuse that is wired next to the battery?

Powertrain
Which part is the upper spring bucket?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A couple of questions

Electrical System
Which part of the harness is the "dashboard heater harness"? From what I recall, I pulled one harness out of the dash
What is the starter power harness? I still have the wiring/harness on the engine (powertrain harness)
Is the "ground cable amperage module" the giant fuse that is wired next to the battery?

Powertrain
Which part is the upper spring bucket?
Dash-Should be one big harness that has the hvac, radio and steering column wiring.
starter- not sure, must be on the new videos I haven’t seen yet
amp module- if it has it (mine didn’t) it will be a round and flat probe that is around the ground cable.

upper spring bucket- if referring to the ft struts, it will be the upper mounting part of the strut. If the rear, it’s attached to the frame where the spring goes.