Steel Braided Line Ends Too Big?

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Hey all. Anyone else run into this? I'm trying to install the steel brake lines from DF onto the Solstice parking brake calipers. It looks like... a millimeter-ish too big. Can I just sand this down so it fits? Do I have the wrong orientation? No orientation fits, but I'm pretty sure it should be facing straight out. It would be too short otherwise.

Motoracer110

This is how they should go

the lines leave my calipers facing up i think you just have 90 degrees to turn and you will fit

Last edited:

jirwin

Goblin Guru
That's how I have mine oriented, except it won't fit unless I take off about 1mm from the end

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Hey all. Anyone else run into this? I'm trying to install the steel brake lines from DF onto the Solstice parking brake calipers. It looks like... a millimeter-ish too big. Can I just sand this down so it fits? Do I have the wrong orientation? No orientation fits, but I'm pretty sure it should be facing straight out. It would be too short otherwise.

View attachment 11565
It looks like they did not machine the hose enough. I remember that from somewhere

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
@jirwin the fitting is meant to sit on the ridge like the pic motoracer110 attached, even still I had to shave mine down with a dremel. Put a copper washer on each side of the fitting and tighten it down, crushing the washer into the ridges on the brake line fitting.