Midwest spring meet 2020!

JERMzSS

Who's down for another midwest meet? Chad did a great job organizing the 2019 meet. Everyone had a blast. I'm hoping this year we can have more Goblins and I want some feedback on my ideas for the areas and dates to see what works best for the masses.

When we drive to Houston (2 or 3 times a year) we always head south from Fort Smith and drive through the Ouachita National Forest. Hwy 259 has some great twisty and there's alot of areas around this area to stay. Mena Arkansas, Broken Bow, Beaver Bend all have camp grounds and cabins.

I haven't personally drove this road but it looks great.

If there's enough interest in this area the wife and I can sit down and try to plan out some routes we can take. Early May late April sound about right for most folks?

Ross

Goblin Guru
I plan to make it again this year. It was good fun last year. April or May should work.

Last edited:

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Set a day and location and I'm in, really wanted to make this years, was off several months from my original planned road legal date.

I've only ridden the roads around Mt Home (Push Mt, etc.) and Southern MO, but from the video you posted and the pics and videos from this years meet up, all the roads look great.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I'll be gone in Philippines almost all of April, If we can shoot for mid May I can probably make it with Goblin #2!

Nuker-

kalishek

Anyone interested in a track weekend at Hallett road course? They have High Speed Touring weekends every month starting in April. A two mile road course with 10 turns can be run CCW or CW. The 999 SuperSport Mk1 was lapping at 1:30 (EcoTec 2.0 LNF with 340hp at 2400lbs). Point around passing on straights in HST. A few miles north of Jennings, OK. About 20 minutes west of Tulsa, OK. Camping on grounds. Local hotels tend to fill up on track weekends.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Anyone interested in a track weekend at Hallett road course? They have High Speed Touring weekends every month starting in April. A two mile road course with 10 turns can be run CCW or CW. The 999 SuperSport Mk1 was lapping at 1:30 (EcoTec 2.0 LNF with 340hp at 2400lbs). Point around passing on straights in HST. A few miles north of Jennings, OK. About 20 minutes west of Tulsa, OK. Camping on grounds. Local hotels tend to fill up on track weekends.
Are you going to be racing your 999 SuperSport Mk2 there?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/2707768796114280/
I have never thought of a Goblin as a touring car. Wonder if it qualifies.

JERMzSS

I need to get to that track some day. Anyone prefer this over cruising? I'm game no matter what we do.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I need to get to that track some day. Anyone prefer this over cruising? I'm game no matter what we do.
I like both... I've taken my motorcycle to Hallett a handful of times. Cruising is cheaper, but a race track is more fun.

JPas914

I’m gonna have to get serious about getting my Goblin registered and legal. I should be good well before May. And I would love to cruise and hit the track, haven’t been able to do that since I was stationed in Germany taking trips to the Nurburgring.

JERMzSS

I haven't done anything lol. I'll get with the wife and see if we can get this organized in the next week.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We are looking forward to a another meetup. I agree with JERMzSS, it would be cool to hit the Talimena Scenic drive during the meetup.

JERMzSS

Still looking at late April early/mid May as far as dates. My work is kinda crazy right now so it's been hard to narrow it down but I'm getting there.

I'm horrible at stuff like this so please be patient with me lol

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Maybe we could do a storm chasing meet? :)
I got caught in a nasty cell 2 summers ago. THAT WAS NOT FUN. I was 2 miles from home when it finally got me. No windshield wipers + full face helmet means you can't see anything. The hydro planing was fun too!

But That sucker did not die on me.

Nuker-

JERMzSS

Guys unfortunately I'm gonna have to withdraw my name from this event/meet at least as far as planning goes.

At work we've pick up a few new customers that are placing some very large orders for the foreseeable future. It looks like alot of weekends are in my future and I've been arguing with the powers that be about using vacation time. They've pretty much put a lock on any new time being taken and I'm even not 100% sure I'm gonna get to regularly attend the autocross races this year.

I sincerely apologize and hope that we can either move this to the fall or someone else make arrangements and I just might get a random cough and the only thing that will cure me is Goblin crusing lol.

Again I'm sorry I have failed you

kalishek

Ross:
Yes going to run 999 SuperSport Mk2 and the Rossion Q1R just don't know what weekends yet. House is eating into my 'go fast' budget this year catching up on three years of delayed projects. Have to keep home owners on block happy. 8( They don't like the seven vehicles (they can see) parked around property. Time to build a bigger workshop. 8D
KAL