JERMzSS - 06 SS/SC - way overdue log in Arkansas

JERMzSS

Hello all! I'm Jermey...owner of frame #36 (the other blue frame) here. My kit is built and registered but I keep thinking i'd like to have a build log to help me keep things in order.

I ordered my kit back in February 2017 I think. I'm primarily a drag racer by nature but I've been really enjoying autocross lately and was wanting something that could change the game locally. (Autocross is new to my area.)
FB_IMG_1522608254284.jpg

I found my donor about 45 minutes from me. 2006 ss/sc that had been hit in the front. After getting it home I realized it had a blown head gasket. I completely missed it when i checked the car over.

FB_IMG_1522608265292.jpg

Ill update this more over the next few days.

JERMzSS

FB_IMG_1522608330312.jpg

I loved the Manhattan blue i saw used in another build so i played copy cat and went with this color.

FB_IMG_1522608356532.jpg
FB_IMG_1522608330312.jpg
FB_IMG_1522608381386.jpg

I don't have a garage or shop. A friend offered up his shop but knowing me there'd be times I'd want to work on it at 2 or 3 in the morning so i just went with my carport.

Last edited:

JERMzSS

FB_IMG_1522609408464.jpg

My donors fuse box had some damage . I went tonthe local pick n pull picked up one from a 2.2 5 speed Cobalt hoping it would work. I took them both completly apart making notes and looking for any differences and it turn out they are completely the same....weird.

FB_IMG_1522609408464.jpg
FB_IMG_1522609402055.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
Wow. There seems to be a few details missing. I know you have a ton of autocross experience that we all need to learn. What have you doing on your Goblin lately? You have 2 years missing...

JERMzSS

Wow. There seems to be a few details missing. I know you have a ton of autocross experience that we all need to learn. What have you doing on your Goblin lately? You have 2 years missing...
I've almost forgotten how to autocross lol. Hoping to get back at it soon. Only thing that's different is my coolant tank for the supercharger. It's not pretty enough to show lol.

JERMzSS

I've done a horrible job updating this build log lol. I'll start trying harder this year. This video just shows some of the small changes for the 2021 season.

Here's some pictures that's been posted on FB but not here. Got a new Goblin hauler!!

20201121_122322.jpg20201105_101419.jpg20201028_191744.jpg

JERMzSS

Great pics!

I have to ask: is that a future Goblin donor you're parked in front of, in the one pic? :D
lol we actually saved that car from being a donor. It's a salvaged car but extremely nice with low miles and very fast (tuned LNF). It still might be one someday tho

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Did anyone even notice the banners on the wall of his garage? I missed them the first time. If you didn't see them, go back and look. Very cool!

JERMzSS

Did anyone even notice the banners on the wall of his garage? I missed them the first time. If you didn't see them, go back and look. Very cool!
Haha thanks! I have a 2020 banner that I still need to put up somewhere. Might have to rearrange them lol.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
I've done a horrible job updating this build log lol. I'll start trying harder this year. This video just shows some of the small changes for the 2021 season.

Hell yeah! I saw your latest video pop up when i searched "df goblin" om youtube. Keep up the good stuff!