Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I trimmed the bottom of the uhfb for the rad to fit, but I wasn’t liking how that looked anyways, so it was going to go one way or the other. After cutting the rad hose, it looks like it’s almost suppose to be there with the supplied 90* hose. Once all fitted up, I lowered the uhfb a little to make things clear better, then made everything more permanent. :cool:

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I went to mount the coolant reservoir and I can’t find one of the mounts. After referencing a few pic, then texting Jason, I found that the mount was never welded to the frame. :oops: Since welding a mount is out of the question at this point, it looks like tomorrow I get to fab up a mount at work that I’ll self tap to the frame.

Attachments

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We have a new style mount for the coolant reservoirs. You should have a 1/4 inch thick bracket with two holes in it and a baggie that says coolant tank mount kit or something like that. It will have a spring in the baggie.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
We have a new style mount for the coolant reservoirs. You should have a 1/4 inch thick bracket with two holes in it and a baggie that says coolant tank mount kit or something like that. It will have a spring in the baggie.
I didn’t see it. That was the first thing I looked for before asking Jason. Let me look again tomorrow in case I overlooked it. I have stuff scattered everywhere, but mostly in order. Mostly.

I'm not opposed to making a bracket. That’s easy stuff for me.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Newer than November'ish? I looked for that baggie and don't see anything.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
There is not a perfect cut off date for the new design. We have some frames that were fabricated for stock that had the original style that was sold after we changed the design.

The new design helps mount tanks that have the plastic mount broken.
It also moves the tank up and closer to the center of the Goblin for better hose clearance.
Coolant tank.png

20200514_120641.jpg

We also have a right-hand version for to be used for intercooler systems.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
There is not a perfect cut off date for the new design. We have some frames that were fabricated for stock that had the original style that was sold after we changed the design.

The new design helps mount tanks that have the plastic mount broken.
It also moves the tank up and closer to the center of the Goblin for better hose clearance.View attachment 13896

View attachment 13895

We also have a right-hand version for to be used for intercooler systems.
I assume this bracket mounts behind the seat using existing holes? In that case I would be interested in one.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Small updates.

I got the cradle and control arms in, plus mounted the solid trans mounts.
tip: loosen the engine mounts, loosely mount the trans mounts and keep the cradle loose. This should allow Everything just a little bit of wiggle room to line up all the bolt holes.

side note: my tail lights will work where I decided to mount them before powder coat. :cool:

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I haven’t had a chance to do too much, so Instead of doing big things, I have just been messing with the tail light wiring, mostly to see if my lights will work properly.........and they won’t. :(. The wiring is correct, but the lights themselves kind of have their own logic circuit internally. So, basically, the car circuits and light housings are not being happy with each other. :mad: im using Honda Grom tail lights, but they are aftermarket ones that do all kinds of things. I decided to see if a stock Grom light will work, and bam, it all works perfect, so I have another stock light coming and it looks like the Grom gets a cool aftermarket one, and 1 needs to go back to where I bought it.

I also wanted reverse lights, but I didn’t want anything big and bulky. I happen to have some extra under carriage rock crawling lights I use for my Jeep, that are small and flat. I ran the wiring through the cradle and tucked everything away.

edit: I’ll take a pic of it actually mounted properly, so it doesn’t look like the are thrown on there.

Attachments

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Small updates.

I got the cradle and control arms in, plus mounted the solid trans mounts.
tip: loosen the engine mounts, loosely mount the trans mounts and keep the cradle loose. This should allow Everything just a little bit of wiggle room to line up all the bolt holes.

side note: my tail lights will work where I decided to mount them before powder coat. :cool:
Your sub frame and reverse lights look great! I'm sure you already have this on your to do list, but it looks like you still have the old timing chain tensioner, so make sure you get that upgraded. :)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Your sub frame and reverse lights look great! I'm sure you already have this on your to do list, but it looks like you still have the old timing chain tensioner, so make sure you get that upgraded. :)
Ya. You are not the first to notice. I have the parts, just haven’t done it yet. I have been more worried/anxious the wiring harness was correct enough for it to run. Now that it does, I can go back and do things.........after I do other things :D

I feel like penny on TBBT, with everyone noticing her check engine light is on; “yah, I need to put a sticker over that” :p

Last edited: