Midwest spring meet 2020!

Ross

Goblin Guru
Who has signed up? I will update this post as needed.
Currently 21 people:

- Ross Lawrence (Ross), and my son Ian. My cel: 479-640-9941
- Brad George Schaffner (George)
- Brian N. (Briann1177) +1 guest
- (Dale E) +1 guest
- Jermey H. (JERMzss) + wife, Amanda
- (RussellTuckerPGA)
- (Russ Amos) + wife, Jane
- (JamesM) + 1 guest
- Steve M. (gofast)
- Joshua A. (IowaSpeed)
- (Lonny), 2 cars 4 people.
- Andrew C (DCMoney)

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I think we are going to try to make it with my orange Goblin and Adam's Red Goblin. My son that has the blue Goblin doesn't know if he can make it yet.

Who's down for another midwest meet? Chad did a great job organizing the 2019 meet. Everyone had a blast. I'm hoping this year we can have more Goblins and I want some feedback on my ideas for the areas and dates to see what works best for the masses.

When we drive to Houston (2 or 3 times a year) we always head south from Fort Smith and drive through the Ouachita National Forest. Hwy 259 has some great twisty and there's alot of areas around this area to stay. Mena Arkansas, Broken Bow, Beaver Bend all have camp grounds and cabins.

I haven't personally drove this road but it looks great.

If there's enough interest in this area the wife and I can sit down and try to plan out some routes we can take. Early May late April sound about right for most folks?
I'm in

Steve Sallenbach

I would really like to make it this year thinking June is far enough away to get this project done, but in reality it's closer than you think.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Kaleb and I are thinking about it. I've been working hard to get a good tune on the car first after changing a few things and it depends a lot on that.

Russ Amos

Wife is getting cold feet. She's worried about social distancing (we are old folks). Are the meal plans to all sit at one table or have individual tables? Russ

George

Goblin Guru
I would say set where and how you want. me my self will most likely stay out side as arthritis in my back flares up when it gets cold. Not being anti social just watching out for my self.

Brad

Ross

Goblin Guru
The restaurants might be take out food only... depends on how this plays out. Might be eating beside our cars. At least we are eating.

JERMzSS

Wife is getting cold feet. She's worried about social distancing (we are old folks). Are the meal plans to all sit at one table or have individual tables? Russ
Last time we broke off to individual tables. We will definitely be practicing social distancing. It's one of those better safe than sorry type of things for sure. We can stop for pictures and chat it up outside some where where there's plenty of space to spread out.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
We're planning on coming down for at least one drive. We only live about 65-70 mins (probably less in the Goblin HA!) from Branson so I doubt we'll stay the night.

Hwy 76 going through Cape Fair and Reeds Spring is a curvy, hilly road that should be fun in a Goblin.

For the Cassville side of the loop, you might consider going down Highway F to 112 and go through Roaring River park. Where the map shows the Cassville dot, there's no place to turn around or stop. Alternatively, there's a store at the top of the hill to the west (where the road turns north) that would be enough for us to pull over and let everyone catch up.

JERMzSS

We have our reservations made! We wrapped the new hood and had it looking great. I decided to add a blue accent to it and everything went to hell. So bad that the entire wrap job had to be scrapped. I rattle canned the hood just for this weekend so take it easy on me lol. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Ohh btw if we go looking for some fun thing to do this place is awesome. It's even better after dark

Screenshot_20200607-195318_Google.jpg

gofast

I'm in for sure on this. I'm staying at the Seven Gables Inn. My car is far from done so plan "A" was to ride down from Wisconsin on the bike,. However, I have family arriving at home this same weekend related to the recent passing of my Dad, so I have to hammer back early Sunday. I'm driving my truck down as I can pile on more miles in the truck than the bike. I'm hoping someone with a Goblin will "adopt" me for the weekend and allow me to ride with them. I'm looking forward to this. Steve

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm in for sure on this. I'm staying at the Seven Gables Inn. My car is far from done so plan "A" was to ride down from Wisconsin on the bike,. However, I have family arriving at home this same weekend related to the recent passing of my Dad, so I have to hammer back early Sunday. I'm driving my truck down as I can pile on more miles in the truck than the bike. I'm hoping someone with a Goblin will "adopt" me for the weekend and allow me to ride with them. I'm looking forward to this. Steve
I might be driving solo. If I am, you're more than welcome to ride with me.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The forecast is looking good for Branson.

I phoned Fuddruckers, let them know we are coming. They said, no problem with a group our size. (they don't take reservations, but come).

Cathouse lounge didn't even answer their phone... I found a back up place, as parking is difficult in downtown Eureka, and $5 each.
La Familia Tex-Mex, 120 E Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632 (bigger parking lot, no fee)

Black Oak Grill said they couldn't seat us at 12 tables for 12 cars... (they don't have enough room) but did reserve 2 big tables of 10.
I'm not sure if this is going to work, but there are 7 other restaurants in Branson Landing (walking distance), so we all have choices.