Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
The captive nut for my passenger tunnel seatbelt harness anchor was welded wonky at an angle so it wouldn't be usable even if I had the correct size bolt, so I dremeled the threads out and installed a larger bolt in it's place with loctite.

Also assembled the seat attachments and installed my passenger seat, fits perfectly.

For what it's worth, Braum seats are reasonably affordable, look amazing, and fit perfectly in the goblin. Mine are reclinable and all I needed to fit them was some stop sign post channel (has holes every inch or so) and a few other bits of hardware to make it beefier. I can make a write up of what bolts and parts from Lowe's were needed if anyone's interested. Well worth it to get sliding and reclining seats + 5 point harnesses for about what the corbeaus end up with DF, and only minimal installation work needed.

I'm also working on a combo gauge/rpd mount, first rendition turned out pretty well. Needs some mounting points and a few other bells and whistles. Pictures are a mixture of different versions printed with different types of filament.

Attachments

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Can you send us some images of the seat belt nut?

We use two 7/16-20 Corbeau seat belt bolts to pull them against the inside of the tunnel while they are welded in place.

I will show the images to Ray so he will know what to look for before welding them.

benjy

I'm also working on a combo gauge/rpd mount, first rendition turned out pretty well. Needs some mounting points and a few other bells and whistles. Pictures are a mixture of different versions printed with different types of filament.
Any interest in being compensated for your efforts, and making a second one once you have the mounting point dialed? I'd like my RPD and wideband gauge mounted together!

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Any interest in being compensated for your efforts, and making a second one once you have the mounting point dialed? I'd like my RPD and wideband gauge mounted together!
Yes, that's the plan! I'll post a classifieds and message you when I'm happy with it.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The captive nut for my passenger tunnel seatbelt harness anchor was welded wonky at an angle so it wouldn't be usable even if I had the correct size bolt, so I dremeled the threads out and installed a larger bolt in it's place with loctite.

Also assembled the seat attachments and installed my passenger seat, fits perfectly.

For what it's worth, Braum seats are reasonably affordable, look amazing, and fit perfectly in the goblin. Mine are reclinable and all I needed to fit them was some stop sign post channel (has holes every inch or so) and a few other bits of hardware to make it beefier. I can make a write up of what bolts and parts from Lowe's were needed if anyone's interested. Well worth it to get sliding and reclining seats + 5 point harnesses for about what the corbeaus end up with DF, and only minimal installation work needed.

looking good there!
And all the rest of us mortals who do not have an RPD collectively sigh......... :)

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Can you send us some images of the seat belt nut?

We use two 7/16-20 Corbeau seat belt bolts to pull them against the inside of the tunnel while they are welded in place.

I will show the images to Ray so he will know what to look for before welding them.
When you're looking through the bolt-hole it's off centered enough for nothing to go through successfully. Drilling it out worked fine though.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Got my driver seat in yesterday and now all of that's settled and looking nice.

Yesterday I also bought new control arms because I didn't want to have to deal with getting a press just for these bushings, and well as the other bushings having 130k on them and I just noticed one of the ball joints was damaged from the donor's wreck. Did not like spending 300$ on them from ZZP but after buying a press and new bushings it's about the same anyway.

Today I received my blow-through MAF tube (from Amazon) - I got the 2.5" version because I'm going to have to have my MAF tuned anyway for blow-through.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
yep. I put Moog aluminum control arms on mine. Got them for about $130 an arm. To me, it’s not worth the time to pull and press bushings and ball joints. Plus I wanted the cool aluminum ones on mine. :D

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Today I received my blow-through MAF tube (from Amazon) - I got the 2.5" version because I'm going to have to have my MAF tuned anyway for blow-through.
Tell me more about this. Why go from 3" to 2.5"? I know it will change the velocity and will certainly require re-tuning. What are the benefits? Curious.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Tell me more about this. Why go from 3" to 2.5"? I know it will change the velocity and will certainly require re-tuning. What are the benefits? Curious.
My entire intercooler piping setup is 2.5", so I'm just keeping it consistent. I don't have the DF water box set up. I have a BW S252 SXE turbo that' has a 2" outlet, I step up from that to 2.5" intercooler & piping, then 2.75" to he throttle body. I have to re-tune the entire thing anyway so I just went for consistency.

Should it cause problems and my tuner says I need a larger pipe, I'll get some 2.5-3" couplers and do that instead.

I know there are various "MAF tuning" items available but I figured i'd just let my tuner figure it out and let me know if I need to change anything.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The only issue I see with it is that you may run out of MAF sensor with the higher velocity of the air. Then it will have to work directly off of the VE tables. All this can be dealt with by the tuner.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
May get the 3" version as well as a backup, but would that really make a difference to have 5-6" of 3" pipe vs 2.5" pipe around the MAF if my entire piping setup is 2.5"?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I would stick with the same size for sure. Only if you run out of MAF range should you go up in size. Whether you can get by with just going up in size for only the MAF section or should you replace the entire intake tubing, I don’t know for sure.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Guinea pig time, we'll see. Ive read on other cobalt forums that people usually run a 15" stretch of 3" piping and tune with that but others have run 2.5" all the way through and just tune the issues out,

We'll see, stay tuned (giggle) for an update after I meet with the local ricers.