Bumper Options

Todd M

Looking for any ideas the community has for bumper options. Requirements for titling here in Idaho are front and rear bumpers.

They have to be at least 4 1/2" in height mounted a maximum of 22" from the ground to the highest part of the bottom of the bumper. They also "shall extend in width to the originally manufactured tread width for the vehicle" which I am guessing is about 60" width based on the goblin wheels center line to center line.

Any options/thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ross

Goblin Guru
BAR-AIR did a front bumper:

David laRuse / Goblin-SS

Karter2026

Nicholas Tiratsuyan,

RichN

benjy

I would just take the bare chassis to a place like this, and they could fab up a couple legal bumpers before you coat the chassis. A couple simple bumpers shouldn’t be too much $

If it was me, I’d have them install these also to make them removable.

69B8B4EB-D700-4E31-9E47-96941E1B0098.jpeg

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Is theirs completely custom or a modified off the shelf version?

How wide is yours Karter?
Theirs are the ones that DF offered.

Mine ends just about the centerline of the tires. I will have to measure later when I get home.
I would just take the bare chassis to a place like this, and they could fab up a couple legal bumpers before you coat the chassis. A couple simple bumpers shouldn’t be too much $

View attachment 15880
That is a great idea.

Todd M

View attachment 15880
This is a good idea and I will look into it. The build is complete with the exception of the new wheels and seats that we are waiting for, so I will probably have to disassemble and get powder coat re-done if they can't do a full bolt on design.

benjy

Nice build! I’m surprised Idaho has those requirements (I assume fenders we’re required also?).

I always thought more conservative states had looser licensing standards for this sort of thing.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
This is a good idea and I will look into it. The build is complete with the exception of the new wheels and seats that we are waiting for, so I will probably have to disassemble and get powder coat re-done if they can't do a full bolt on design.

View attachment 15885
Mine is a bolt on. I will send some pictures when I get a chance.

Todd M

Nice build! I’m surprised Idaho has those requirements (I assume fenders we’re required also?).

I always thought more conservative states had looser licensing standards for this sort of thing.
Thanks. Not quite done but getting there.

Yes, the fenders are required as well. I also have to add red rear reflectors and raise the headlights 2.5" higher. I also need to find a clip on manual wiper for the windshield since that is required too.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru

Too many left coasters have moved east from Portland and Seattle into Idaho, polluting the state. We are fighting the same thing here in Arizona with the San Diego and Los Angeles invasion - but we are still winning so far. :cool:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
My bumper is 60" wide. like I said it ends right in the centerline of the tires.

Here are a few pictures of my bolt on mount.
20190116_120851.jpg IMG_20200804_184117.jpgIMG_20200804_184125.jpg

Here is what I did for reflectors in the rear.

20190226_155030.jpg20190228_182241.jpg20190228_182340.jpg

Todd M

Too many left coasters have moved east from Portland and Seattle into Idaho, polluting the state. We are fighting the same thing here in Arizona with the San Diego and Los Angeles invasion - but we are still winning so far. :cool:
Lol, yes, way too many people moving here. You would not believe how many plates I see regularly from Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nevada, Colorado and even the most from California and Texas...

Todd M

Thank you everyone. I have decided to order the DF bumpers, put them on as-is, and see if I can get it by the inspection. If not I will modify those to meet the requirements.

I appreciate all your input!