Brembo Brakes

George

Goblin Guru
I run Wilwoods calipers because of the weight they weigh less that 4# with pads per caliper and use a vacuum regulator to adjust the amount power power assist for better feel. I have not heard of any one complaining about the brakes that are supplied unless on some front to rear brake bias. for that us just install an adjustable restrictor to the rear brake line.
If you run the Brembos in front you will need to match an properly sized caliper for the rear.
Brad

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I can imagine with the weight stock calipers will work out just fine. Guess I should sell mind and recoup some more funds.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Adam also recommends staying with the supplied brakes or finding something to go lighter with! Good to know! Thanks all.

Acewest

So is it that the brembo brakes that the SS had won’t fit? Or they just have too much stopping power? I like the look and couldn’t care less if it stops too hard. Plus I’m gonna go with bigger racing wheels anyway.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Fairly sure it's purely the excess stopping power. Also, I don't believe you can use the parking brake kit with the Brembos, just something to think about.

Acewest

Lmao I’ll chock the tires. Lol. **** the brems are so nice though. Hard to sell any stock parts from the **** stock car.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Lmao I’ll chock the tires. Lol. **** the brems are so nice though. Hard to sell any stock parts from the **** stock car.
I BELIEVE I am correct about that. The parking brake kit comes with Solstice calipers, so I'm thinking the Brembos aren't usable if you plan on using the parking brake kit.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Brembo's being overkill is an understatement. I don't recommend it UNLESS you have a vacuum regulator and can dial down the force enough to make it more reasonable. I can't imagine Brembo's without a regulator being all that driveable.... even the smaller calipers lock 'em up and that ***** not for the faint of heart.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Many of us AutoX here and I assure anyone looking to upgrade brakes I have never had an issue stopping. In fact the car stops so fast on the final stretch I have bottomed out the front suspension. Invest in suspension components is a better route IMO.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Many of us AutoX here and I assure anyone looking to upgrade brakes I have never had an issue stopping. In fact the car stops so fast on the final stretch I have bottomed out the front suspension. Invest in suspension components is a better route IMO.
I asked the question back before my kit was ready to be picked up so I really didn't know. Now that I've autocrossed it a bunch I do agree that you don't need Brembos. I may look into swapping over after I start doing some track days with the car though. We'll see how it does before making that decision.