Price Announcement

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Our goal has always been to make an easy to assemble, affordable kit car. Over the years we've been able to make the kits easier to assemble but to keep up with the rising costs of materials, parts and services, the kits will unfortunately be a little less affordable soon.

We will be adjusting all kit prices at the start of the new year. Orders submitted on or before December 31, 2020 will be charged the current advertised prices.

More information will be available soon.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
raw material cost has gone up in pretty much every industry. Cost going up is very warranted especially with how active you guys are in enhancing the kit constantly, along with the excellent customer service you provide before, during, and after the sale. You not only have sold everyone the kits, but have also helped to provide a community for every one of your customers.

PaulPerger

Can we switch from "order in stages" to "order complete kit" before our frame is ready and keep the 2020 price? I can swing $750 by EOY.

Last edited:

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Can we switch from "order in stages" to "order complete kit" before our frame is ready and keep the 2020 price? I can swing $750 by EOY.
Will this apply to stage orders?
Anybody who has placed their order before January 1 will lock in prices for the rest of their kit, regardless of when they actually request their later stages.

We know this means we will be selling parts to you guys at 2019 prices while paying our vendors 2020 prices and we'll lose a little bit of money by not charging the 2020 prices. We are okay with that because the alternative is to blindside all the guys that have already bought-in to the kit and have based their entire build around the current prices. We don't want to do that.

PaulPerger

Anybody who has placed their order before January 1 will lock in prices for the rest of their kit, regardless of when they actually request their later stages.

We know this means we will be selling parts to you guys at 2019 prices while paying our vendors 2020 prices and we'll lose a little bit of money by not charging the 2020 prices. We are okay with that because the alternative is to blindside all the guys that have already bought-in to the kit and have based their entire build around the current prices. We don't want to do that.
You, my friend, are awesome!

pisco

You guys are a true class act Adam.
I can't say enough good things about the way you do business.

DrEight

How much is price going up? I am at that point now on IF to drop the cash or not, BUT the customer the build is for is the determine on how much that amount is going up or if I need to start looking in to another project to make the investment in. I have the cash now but no donor car, and tell I find the one want with the package and miles she looking for... ordering is on hold. If she had her choice I would be putting a Eco-boot from ford in it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You should communicate directly with Adam if you're concerned about the price increase and how it might affect your investment. You're building a Goblin for someone, is that correct? Have you built a Goblin before or other kit cars? Depending upon what your customer wants in the car will drive the cost to build it. N/A 2.2 with an automatic is the cheapest route from a donor aspect with a ready supply of donor Cobalts. Stepping up to the SC or TC cars is a bigger investment with the accompanying more expensive and requisite parts. Hopefully you've done your homework to understand that the cost to build a Goblin runs from about 20K at the low end to 26K and more for a high end car.

BTW, the desired Ford engine is not a bolt in and would require possibly some significant modification to the frame to fit and make it all work.

DrEight

Okay we will just wait for the price increase so I can actually give her a number. I have $15,000 in the budget right now that if I had to send today I was going to but since I can't get a direct answer on how much the increase is going to be we will just wait and see.

Goblin Graber

If you’re planning on building a goblin I wouldn’t wait. I bet it’s a four month wait to get the kit so that gives you plenty of time to find a donor. DF is really good about letting you make changes after you order your kit so putting down a deposit just locks in pricing. It doesn’t tie you to a certain donor, frame style, or set of options.