AZMoto #245 ext-track - 09 SS TC

dastrups

Stupid question for you all but is there a gasket that goes between engine and transmission? Or do you use some form of gasket maker? Just purchased a service manual but it is not here yet.

dastrups

Also any advice on engine break in procedure is much appreciated. I have been doing some research on varying rpm's and break in oil/frequent changes but I am a newbie.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Stupid question for you all but is there a gasket that goes between engine and transmission? Or do you use some form of gasket maker? Just purchased a service manual but it is not here yet.
I have some sort of aluminum midplate/spacer guy between the engine and trans (LSJ here), I'm sure someone else will have a more correct name for it. I can get a picture when I get home tonight. But no gasket or silicone or anything like that.

AZmoto

I got the ECU image downloaded to HPTuners. I don't see anything strange going on so I believe it's stock.

Also ran a compression test (cold): 170, 170, 175, 170 so the motor looks like it's in good shape although I won't be keeping it now. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a cracked ring land which is a weakness in some of these LNF motors.

pisco

I believe we have the same donor
Ss/tc f35 trans..
there is an aluminum spacer plate that goes between. It has a cutout on bottom no gasket or silicone

Ross

Goblin Guru
Do you know what it means when they say "after a couple heats cycles" and "start running it under power"? I feel pretty stupid for asking. I think I know but I want to be sure.
A heat cycle is starting with a cold engine, bring the engine up to full operating temperature (drive 5 miles or more), then let it cool down to cold again. That is 1 heat cycle. Repeat this a few times before going on to the next step.

Start running it under power means to start using more throttle, and applying more torque to the engine and drivetrain. When you first start running a new engine, don't go over 25% throttle. Later in the break in, use 50%, then 75%, etc.