r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

Goblin Graber

Picked up a Creality Ender 3 Pro today so I can print out some of the mods people generously posted on here. Going to take a shot at some creations of my own and will share any stl files
I just ordered that exact printer today! Seems like a hell of a printer for the money. Especially all the upgrades that you can print for next to nothing.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I just ordered that exact printer today! Seems like a hell of a printer for the money. Especially all the upgrades that you can print for next to nothing.
Ya it does. Newegg had it in their email blast from a marketplace seller for $191 marked down from $430. Seemed to good to be true so I did some research and found out it’s a ~$220 printer and the creality website had it for $188 with free shipping. Either way, reviews look solid. I opted to buy the laser engraver, upgraded tempered glass plate, upgraded silent board and the BL Touch auto level kit for it. Excited to get it and start messing with prints.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Update:

Figured while I wait for the kit to arrive, I would go ahead and place orders for some items that will have a wait:

Seibon Carbon Fiber GT Rear Spoiler: GTWING-1 has a 10-12 week wait on it. Should be here after the kit, but before the kit is completed.
Braum Racing Elite-R Series Sport Seats: BRR1R-BKRP has an estimated ship date mid February. Should be here just before the kit.

Also placed an order with ZZP for some essentials to get the kit running before I start modding. Would hate myself for building the motor before I know the wire harness work has no issues. Not knowing if it's the harness or the engine work causing it to not start :eek: so I will get the goblin running with the stock motor before I do the tear down and rebuild.

Ecotec Shorty header
Redline MT-90 trans fluid (2 bottles)
Cobalt Clutch Master Cylinder (mine had a crack in the neck. Think that was why the clutch was slipping because it wouldn't fully engage/disengage)
LSJ Clutch Upgrade Kit
ZZP HO Intercooler Pump
Magnetic Drain Plug
ACDelco Oil Filter
Valve Cover Breather Filter
OEM Flywheel bolts
Clutch Alignment Tool
Clutch Pipe (since I'll be in there anyways)
ZZP Aluminum Flywheel

PaulPerger

Update:

Figured while I wait for the kit to arrive, I would go ahead and place orders for some items that will have a wait:

... Magnetic Drain Plug
If you haven't placed the order yet, consider a Fumoto Drain Plug. Makes changing oil Mess Free! I have never gotten so much as one drop of oil anywhere since making the switch. It has become the first "Mod" I do to all of my vehicles.

If you really want a magnet to pull crap out of the oil, use one of THESE. Just pull it off right before draining your oil and put it back on before putting in your new oil...

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Rather than spending $$$ on a Filtermag, just buy some neodymium magnets for about $10 and put them on the outside of your oil filter. That's where you want to trap metallic particles so they will be removed with an oil/filter change. Putting a magnet on your oil pan will collect the particles but defeats the purpose by keeping them inside your engine. :)

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I honestly bought it because it was cheap. I've never ran a magnetic drain plug and figured why not give it a try for the $6 that it costs. If it was $20 I would've said forget it.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Rather than spending $$$ on a Filtermag, just buy some neodymium magnets for about $10 and put them on the outside of your oil filter. That's where you want to trap metallic particles so they will be removed with an oil/filter change. Putting a magnet on your oil pan will collect the particles but defeats the purpose by keeping them inside your engine. :)
Pardon my ignorance but where would we put the magnets on the oil filter?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
True, didn't think about the oil filter being a cartridge. Maybe I will have to work on a way to get a magnet into the filter cap that will collect metallic particles so they can be removed with the oil filter cartridge change. The cap is plastic so it may be as simple as epoxying some neodymiums to the outside?

EDIT: there are a couple companies (CBM, DDM) who make filter adapters to provide for remote filters and oil coolers. The stock GM filter cartridge is tiny and is a good candidate for an upgrade.

Last edited:

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
ZZP goodies arrived late last week. Got notification today that my wheel package has been received by Fitment Industries and they’re applying the ceramic coat and then mounting the wheels. Should have the wheels mid next week.

PaulPerger

ZZP goodies arrived late last week. Got notification today that my wheel package has been received by Fitment Industries and they’re applying the ceramic coat and then mounting the wheels. Should have the wheels mid next week.
If you don't mind, how much did Fitment Industries charge you for the Ceramic Coating?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
If you don't mind, how much did Fitment Industries charge you for the Ceramic Coating?
It’s normally $179 for all 4 wheels, but I originally placed the order for just wheels/tires and they sent me a $50 e-gift card. They messaged me a few days later asking if I wanted to add the ceramic coating so I did and got to use the gift card. Wasn’t sure what else to use it on there anyways so it worked out. $129 for all 4 wheels.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Got some goodies today! Really happy with these wheels! Fitment Industry did a ceramic coat on them before sending them as well. Only issue I have is they sent 12x1.5 wheel bolts, not lug nuts. Gonna have to send them back for the right ones. Not a big deal
27314460-A5AE-4E81-B4B9-D82BC72012D6.jpeg
E17542B5-025C-4448-9954-2E8187CBDBC9.jpeg
505885BC-1457-4970-9FD1-808CB4C69C6B.jpeg
15583CB1-B051-40EE-91B0-705C2566F8C8.jpeg
7C9BB9C6-7F0D-4A34-8DC7-545D77282E48.jpeg
BA81B1B0-74A9-4862-8B69-F8B100854750.jpeg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Those are going to look nice on the car! What's the offset on those wheels?
18x10.5et18 so I figure a 1” spacer will give me a slightly smaller backspace than the factory wheels, giving me the clearance I need for the struts. The overall diameter of the wheels is also slightly smaller than stock

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Anyone have recommendations for custom wheel spacers/adapters company?

Although I’m buying the 5x114.3 re-drilled hubs from DF and these wheels are 5x114.3, the hubs are different sizes and I’d like to keep everything hub-centric.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So for all of you running extreme summer or autocross tires R888 included. How do they wear for normal driving? I don't want to spend $1k on a set of tires because they look cool and 5k miles later they are smoked.