Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Nice. Are the support cable brackets bolt-on or weld-on? Can't quite see that in the pics.. I also see a little Gurney flap action on the outer plates - or is that just the lighting? :)

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Nice. Are the support cable brackets bolt-on or weld-on? Can't quite see that in the pics.. I also see a little Gurney flap action on the outer plates - or is that just the lighting? :)
They're bolt on. I got longer upper shock bolts, put them through the other way, and used clevis ends from McMaster as nuts. That way I can pull the clevis pin to remove the cable and if it doesn't work out I can just take them off and go back to the regular shock bolts.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Took a snow day from work yesterday and got most of the new additions all plumbed. Still a lot left to do but I got quite a few things crossed off the list already this winter!
PXL_20210206_032703019.jpg

Peregrinus

Are you using a coolant expansion tank on both ends of the system there? That's a pretty sweet idea. I also dig the oil cooler Location there.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Are you using a coolant expansion tank on both ends of the system there? That's a pretty sweet idea. I also dig the oil cooler Location there.
The one on the passenger side is a swirl pot to help remove air from the system since that's definitely the highest point and was a pain to get the air pockets out.

Peregrinus

The one on the passenger side is a swirl pot to help remove air from the system since that's definitely the highest point and was a pain to get the air pockets out.
Ah yeah, what I do on that side is losen the bolt on the steam port, and put a tiny funnel there, gets the air out in a min or two.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Looks clean ! IIRC the straps on the Accusump should be on the ends, I think it has a piston on the inside that travels up and down and can be pinched off if the straps are anywhere else looks like it would be easy to slide the one on the passenger side over the way you have it rigged up.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Looks clean ! IIRC the straps on the Accusump should be on the ends, I think it has a piston on the inside that travels up and down and can be pinched off if the straps are anywhere else looks like it would be easy to slide the one on the passenger side over the way you have it rigged up.
Yeah, the one is not ideal and I'm still trying to figure out how to sort it out since there's not really any room to move the accusump and the end is right where the harness is. There has to be a solution, I just haven't figured it out yet

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I redid the cables for the front wangs cause I didn't like how they looked the first time. I think this way looks a lot better.
PXL_20210214_221630687.jpg

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’m really digging those winglets. It looks a bit like the design I’ve had in mind. Have you any pics yet with the front cowling on? What gauge(s) aluminum did you use?

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I’m really digging those winglets. It looks a bit like the design I’ve had in mind. Have you any pics yet with the front cowling on? What gauge(s) aluminum did you use?
Not yet, I don't feel like hauling it up from the basement yet for a test fit but I measured so it should fit just fine. Which part are you referring to for the thickness? The sides are way too thick but that's because I couldn't get any thinner material for the size I wanted.
Did you just email 9 lives for custom order? Im gettin thier wing and wanted to use similar size up front.
If you go a couple pages into the products you'll find the cutoffs item. Evidently they started as an April Fools thing but people started buying them. They have a drop down box for length but the only ones they had available were the 8" ones so that's what I got. You could probably shoot them an email to see what else they have for lengths.

Dylan Stan

Not yet, I don't feel like hauling it up from the basement yet for a test fit but I measured so it should fit just fine. Which part are you referring to for the thickness? The sides are way too thick but that's because I couldn't get any thinner material for the size I wanted.

If you go a couple pages into the products you'll find the cutoffs item. Evidently they started as an April Fools thing but people started buying them. They have a drop down box for length but the only ones they had available were the 8" ones so that's what I got. You could probably shoot them an email to see what else they have for lengths.
No issues at full lock with the 8 inch size?
I see now online thanks