Adjustable Rear Suspension

ATMironov

I finished the first design last night and made dxf files. Adam is sending them to the laser cutting shop today.

We are also sending dxf files for a new front suspension design to be tested.

I will post more about it after we test the prototypes.
@Lonny I'm curious if you guys have made much progress with this. Hoping they might be ready about the time frame #280 is shipping. :p

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Posted 10 hours ago regarding the cradle. No photos though
Ok, very cryptic. Is this a cradle for the Goblin or ??? Dyemond Fab is a Facebook linked site when searched on the web. A little more background info for the rest of the forum would be helpful to understand what is only being hinted by your post.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Ok, very cryptic. Is this a cradle for the Goblin or ??? Dyemond Fab is a Facebook linked site when searched on the web. A little more background info for the rest of the forum would be helpful to understand what is only being hinted by your post.
Yes sorry. They don’t have any photos of the craddle prototype. First post they did about it in November just said they were going to work on one and had a picture of the cobalt craddle with a control arm on it.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
It’s literally a few months old for the project. Doubt it’ll be out anytime soon. MAYBE end of the year but doubt it

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I take it this is a Cobalt cradle that will have a different lower control arm (a-arm?), will it still use a coil strut with the Chevy hub uprights? Sounds like it could be an interesting alternative to the hydroformed subframe from the factory. If you happen to come across anymore info or photos, please post them. :D

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I take it this is a Cobalt cradle that will have a different lower control arm (a-arm?), will it still use a coil strut with the Chevy hub uprights? Sounds like it could be an interesting alternative to the hydroformed subframe from the factory. If you happen to come across anymore info or photos, please post them. :D
The one Dyemond is making is just to replace the factory craddle so will use the same suspension setup as stock (same control arms, struts, etc.) they’re just making it for weight savings I guess

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A custom cradle with new mounts for a double rear A arm suspension... now you got me thinking.
Ross, Dale E and I have been communicating for quite a while now about a possible tube subframe with upper/lower control arms and coil over shocks. We have exchanged a lot of ideas and have rationalized the potential improvement in rear suspension geometry and handling improvement that could be achieved. If not for my necessity to prioritize working on my home to prepare it for sale and then get a new home decorated to the satisfaction of my wife, I would be prototyping some of these ideas. Dale has been doing some prototyping on his own and has at least one installed by a builder.

Carbon Soul

Ross, Dale E and I have been communicating for quite a while now about a possible tube subframe with upper/lower control arms and coil over shocks. We have exchanged a lot of ideas and have rationalized the potential improvement in rear suspension geometry and handling improvement that could be achieved. If not for my necessity to prioritize working on my home to prepare it for sale and then get a new home decorated to the satisfaction of my wife, I would be prototyping some of these ideas. Dale has been doing some prototyping on his own and has at least one installed by a builder.
WATCHING. :eek:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Cool. Dale E seems like the right guy for that. If you have plans, I could see fabricating up a prototype.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
If you call not dieing yet a success then I will agree. I don't drive my Goblin on the road at all so less danger of hitting cars or people. If you do it I would suggest attaching the upper a-arm to a brace or restomod type upper control arm that bolts to the subframe and the DF frame.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
This is the ford spec racer. Looks very doable on the Goblin. Some support may need to be added to the frame in the area the cantilever mounts and the exhaust may need a relocate depending on how yours is currently routed. Should be fairly simple to reuse the hubs and attach the top with a LCA type balljoint and two plates to sandwich the hub.

Attachments

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I have been spending some time when I can to work on the new rear suspension and have made some progress on a prototype to test on Adam's Goblin.

I still need to pick up two 6" toe links and pull a little more hardware from the warehouse.

These only work with the parking brake calipers so I guess it's finally time to add a parking brake Adam's Goblin. I have been wanting to have a parking brake for years.

This attaches to the subframe in place of the old control arms and uses polyurethane bushings. It has three positions to allow the adjustment of the roll center.