5x114.3 Bearing Hubs option

Jareth

Goblin Guru
May I confirm that the “5x114.3 Bearing Hubs” option will completely replace my donors 4 lug hubs?

The 4 lug wheel options seem pretty limited, so I assume that is the main reason to switch.

KSLunsfo

I do believe that's simply the case, there are supposedly a wider range of wheel options at the 5x114.3 pattern as compared to a 4 lug and the 5x110 pattern. I have an SS/TC car and opted for this as well.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
You both are correct. However, depending on what wheels you decide to go with (like a 9-10.5” wheel) you might need a relatively large spacer (21mm is what I got) which can also convert from a 4 or 5 lug to whatever PCD you find in a wheel

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I’m not currently planning on real meaty tires, at the moment 205/55 ZR16

To be VERY honest Wheel size that will work without issues is my biggest concern.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I’m not currently planning on real meaty tires, at the moment 205/55 ZR16

To be VERY honest Wheel size that will work without issues is my biggest concern.
Running something that small you'll be fine sticking with the 4 lug pattern. Just look for wheels for a mid 90's Miata and you should be all set!

JPas914

In a rather old post, a member (RichN) suggested searching for wheels that would fit a 2007 Chevy Malibu because it had a 5x110 bolt pattern. Worked pretty well for me.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
In a rather old post, a member (RichN) suggested searching for wheels that would fit a 2007 Chevy Malibu because it had a 5x110 bolt pattern. Worked pretty well for me.
He already has the 4 lug setup though and the 4 lug pattern is far more common than 5x110.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Running something that small you'll be fine sticking with the 4 lug pattern. Just look for wheels for a mid 90's Miata and you should be all set!
Now you have me thinking they are really small, guess i need to do some searching for examples of 205’s on a Goblins?

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Just want to enjoy driving it on the street, at my age I don’t suspect I will be pushing it to exceed it limits.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Just want to enjoy driving it on the street, at my age I don’t suspect I will be pushing it to exceed it limits.

Then you'll be totally fine running that size tire. They'll also be priced a little nicer too.

Brett

My suggestion is to run spacers / adapters. That way you are not using hubs that are custom. Just a thought.

ATMironov

I just went down this path as well.
I settled on getting the wheels I want drilled out to 5x110.
The less custom consumable parts you can use, the better off you will be.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
‘Sorry but what dose “square set up” mean?
Same size tire and wheel specifications at all four corners. If the front wheels are 15”, the rear wheels are also 15”. Same thing with the tire dimensions, if front are 205/50, then the back tires are also 205/50.

Nice benefit for this is the ability to rotate wheels to even out tire wear patterns. However, most (if not all) manufacturer produced mid/rear engine cars run a staggered setup with narrower wheels/tires in the front compared to the back.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Same size tire and wheel specifications at all four corners. If the front wheels are 15”, the rear wheels are also 15”. Same thing with the tire dimensions, if front are 205/50, then the back tires are also 205/50.

Nice benefit for this is the ability to rotate wheels to even out tire wear patterns. However, most (if not all) manufacturer produced mid/rear engine cars run a staggered setup with narrower wheels/tires in the front compared to the back.
I was going to have a 245 rear section, but Maxxis didn't have them in stock when I ordered my tires.