r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I have a clutch pedal and bracket from an 08SS that I'm not going to use. Not sure if its the same one as yours though...
Also, there dozens of these things getting parted out in the Facebook groups. Could probably find what you need there.
It's not the same, unfortunately. 07 and older used a bulkier, two-switch system while 08 and newer used a rotary-style potentiometer switch.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I received my 21mm spacers today and they are hub centric to the hub, and wheel centric to the wheel's hub. My issue I have now is the posts are about 5-10mm too long on the hubs, as well as the posts on the spacers. The other issue I have is the lug nuts sent by fitment industries aren't all the same thread pitch (found that out test fitting them on the spacer posts). I'll get new lugs from the auto store, but I need to trim all 40 of my posts. What method does everyone recommend? chop saw, dremel with cutting wheel, grinder, etc. Other question is if I trim them, will I need to use a tap/die set to re do the threads on the end, or will I be able to use a nut to back over it to straighten them out at the end?

Never had to trim posts before in case you couldn't tell :oops:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I have used an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to shorten lug studs installed in hubs before. A die grinder/cutoff tool would also work nicely. To dress the threads at the cut end, I just used a flat file to chamfer the end though I've been meaning to try the external chamfer tool that my girlfriend bought me. Use lug nuts with a through hole and you can avoid cutting 20 of those studs; I used the 949 Racing ones.

Last edited:

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Can you toss one of those spacers and the extra lug nuts on a scale? I'm curious how much they actually weigh.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Mine are 25mm Al 1.15 lbs each
Not sure where the difference in weight is between yours and mine. My scale wouldn’t weigh 1 by itself so I stacked all 4 and it read 8.6lbs for all 4. Either way, ~2.1-2.2lbs each.

Yours are hub centric and 25mm thick, but not wheel centric as well.

Mine are hub centric at 21mm thick, and also wheel centric (same center bore as the wheel).

I’m sure the extra material to make the wheel centric portion isn’t the same weight as the extra 4mm your spacers have (I’m assuming my extra material is less than yours)

Both are 6061 T6 aluminum. Maybe it’s the stud material???

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Was told my Braum seats would ship February 15th and I’d get a tracking Number when they ship. Haven’t received anything today so called Vividracing. They told me March 26th is the new ship date :mad: said it was due to Covid. Called Braum to ask exactly what was going on and they said their shipments of almost all of their seats are stuck at the LA Port and every time they schedule a date to have them picked up and released from customs, the date gets pushed due to another outbreak and the port has to shut down. They have a huge backlog because of it. Frustrating to say the least. May have to use the stock Recaros until I get the Braums in. Downside is I don’t have the stock seatbelts because the bolts wouldn’t break loose

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Not sure where the difference in weight is between yours and mine. My scale wouldn’t weigh 1 by itself so I stacked all 4 and it read 8.6lbs for all 4. Either way, ~2.1-2.2lbs each.

Yours are hub centric and 25mm thick, but not wheel centric as well.

Mine are hub centric at 21mm thick, and also wheel centric (same center bore as the wheel).

I’m sure the extra material to make the wheel centric portion isn’t the same weight as the extra 4mm your spacers have (I’m assuming my extra material is less than yours)

Both are 6061 T6 aluminum. Maybe it’s the stud material???
My guess would be that I bumped the mode button on the scale! They are 1.15kg or 2 lb 10 oz.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Seat belts are for the weak. :D

seriously, do you have 4 or 5 pt harnesses? You can run the harnesses with the stock seats. It may not be the preference method, but it’ll work.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Seat belts are for the weak. :D

seriously, do you have 4 or 5 pt harnesses? You can run the harnesses with the stock seats. It may not be the preference method, but it’ll work.
Unfortunately the harnesses are also delayed because of everything, so I don’t have anything besides bungee cords and tie downs to secure myself

Harnesses are just fancy tie downs, right?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I think I have my stock seat belts. I can send them to you if you want them.

harnesses are fancy tie downs. Tie downs are fancy bungee cords. Bungee cords are fancy rope. Rope is fancy string. String is fancy thread. So /thread.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I think I have my stock seat belts. I can send them to you if you want them.

harnesses are fancy tie downs. Tie downs are fancy bungee cords. Bungee cords are fancy rope. Rope is fancy string. String is fancy thread. So /thread.
Thank you! I may take you up on the offer. Might look at some other vendors first though to see if anyone has them in stock

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Ordered about 30 more samples from prismaticpowders and got them in today. Brought the wheel out into the sun to match the samples with and I’ve found some new winners. Since my wheels are bronze, I wanted that to be my accent color. Issue is the manufacturer doesn’t have a color code for them so matching with a powder coat was gonna be hit/miss. Thankfully, I found one that’s **** close.

Although I liked “Red Gold Dust” initially. It has been replaced with “Illusion Cherry” and the bronze for my accent color is “Triple Bronze.”

Hard to get the camera to capture the true colors with the sun glaring off the swatches. Looks amazing in person.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ordered about 30 more samples from prismaticpowders and got them in today. Brought the wheel out into the sun to match the samples with and I’ve found some new winners. Since my wheels are bronze, I wanted that to be my accent color. Issue is the manufacturer doesn’t have a color code for them so matching with a powder coat was gonna be hit/miss. Thankfully, I found one that’s **** close.

Although I liked “Red Gold Dust” initially. It has been replaced with “Illusion Cherry” and the bronze for my accent color is “Triple Bronze.”

Hard to get the camera to capture the true colors with the sun glaring off the swatches. Looks amazing in person.
Looks close enough that no one - other than anyone reading your post - will know any different. ;)