Just pulled the trigger

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Thanks, 4 weeks down 8+ to go :rolleyes:

I have decided to drive the 1,300 miles and pick it up myself :)
Mine was 18 weeks and 2 days... And I ordered mine before the rush hit. Grant it the shippers accounted for 2 weeks of that. FYI you must add 8.25% to the cost of of the kit if you pick it up.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Thanks, 4 weeks down 8+ to go :rolleyes:

I have decided to drive the 1,300 miles and pick it up myself :)
I finally did the same last year & it was a 2,100 miles round trip. I did pickup two other frames as well, #230 for Jared and #234 for Patrick. Have a safe trip.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Mine was 18 weeks and 2 days... And I ordered mine before the rush hit. Grant it the shippers accounted for 2 weeks of that. FYI you must add 8.25% to the cost of of the kit if you pick it up.
Yes, but if I don’t pay the taxes there I’ll have to pay it here, plus the shipping cost and potential extra wait time for it to be shipped with other kits.

Plus the opportunity to meet Lonny, his family and crew will make the trip worthwhile. It will be like meeting Henry Ford :)

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Yes, but if I don’t pay the taxes there I’ll have to pay it here, plus the shipping cost and potential extra wait time for it to be shipped with other kits.

Plus the opportunity to meet Lonny, his family and crew will make the trip worthwhile. It will be like meeting Henry Ford :)
This is all very true. I flew out before I ordered my kit to try on frames. Was well worth the trip.

PaulPerger

What is the Sales Tax in Florida?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
The savings on shipping it out weighs the small increase in taxes, plus the potential reduced wait to get the build started, and how can I pass up the chance to meet everyone at Doyle Fabrication

PaulPerger

The savings on shipping it out weighs the small increase in taxes, plus the potential reduced wait to get the build started, and how can I pass up the chance to meet everyone at Doyle Fabrication
I agree with you there! I hope when mine is ready I have the ability to take a long weekend and go get mine as well. Maybe if there are a few more needing delivery around the same time, I can pick up a few and split the cost of a rental truck...

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Congrats on acquiring your Goblin Kit. Got any updates regarding it?
His build thread is here, updated Sunday

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I agree with you there! I hope when mine is ready I have the ability to take a long weekend and go get mine as well. Maybe if there are a few more needing delivery around the same time, I can pick up a few and split the cost of a rental truck...
That is what I did. I picked up my frame #227 and also #230 & #234. 2,200 miles round trip.

Attachments

PaulPerger

I have been thinking about buying another one once I am done with my first and putting an automatic transmission in it and then renting it out on TURO. Being in South Florida, I think I could probably keep it rented most of the time...