Meet up invite

Dale E

Hello all Goblin builders. I received this notice of my Mid West Sevens group looking at an event in May. Goblins and interested builders in progress are invited. The fellow organizing this is gauging interest and would like a hand count, so he can make hotel arrangements for rooms and have a ball park figure for restaurant reservations.

This is in Chad's backyard almost! I will post what the organizer has posted in the notice.

If you are interested send me a note -- Dale E (this way will not clutter up the Goblin meeting thread) -- and I will forward your name and number attending to the organizer. Thanks in advance.

From the Organizer:

I would like to gauge interest in another gathering this spring. I tried to host one in 2019, but am sorry I wasn't able to due to complications with the birth of my son in late 2018 that kept me from doing the prep work. Fortunately things have settled down on that front. I know why we didn't hold one last year and for good reason but what does everyone think about this year? I expect many will have cabin fever and be ready to get out and about by May. We can keep 6 feet between our cars right?

Chime in if you are interested so I can get group rates at the hotel. I also have a few local car clubs that are interested in joining us including the Greater Ozarks British Motoring Club, http://www.gobmc.org and two of those members have original Lotus 7s.

I have local contacts who work at the Ozarks International Raceway, and will continue trying to get us access. They are still saying no, but I will keep on them. If we get a big enough group together we may be able to persuade them if we sell it as a good marketing event for the track.

I am still finalizing a few details, like lunch on Friday will be changing from Captain Ron's to Franky & Louie's, but they are close to each other.

I have been doing the prep work and this is what I have ready so far. As we know with cruises, things change so the time's are approximate and I allowed time and places to gather and wait for stragglers. Being a boating area, there are plenty of refueling options for ethanol free gas.

Attendees:
FieroReinke - Locost 7
Trialsmangasgas - Locost 7
Rodger Grantham - Lotus S7
David Reinke - Jaguar E Type
Smith - Support Vehicle
Tailwind - Locost 7

When: May 13 - 16 2021
Where: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Host Hotel: https://www.lodgeatportarrowhead.com/

Daily Agenda:
1. Thursday May 13th, 2021
a. Arrival at Lodge at Port Arrowhead
b. 3:00 PM Depart for Ozarks International Raceway for those interested and arrived early (30 mi / 45 min each way, includes $3 toll each way)
c. 7:00 PM Dinner at Fat Polly’s Pub at the hotel
2. Friday May 14th, 2021 (155mi / 3 1/2 hours seat time)
a. 9:00 AM Depart Lodge at Port Arrowhead
b. 10:30 AM Ha Ha Tonka Castle Ruins
c. 12:30 PM Lunch at Franky & Louie’s in Sunrise Beach
d. 2:00 PM Depart Franky & Louie’s
e. 4:00 Stop at Bagnell Dam lookout
f. 4:45 PM Arrive back at Lodge at Port Arrowhead
g. 5:30 Dinner and drinks at Shawnee Bluff Winery
h. 7:00 Hot Summer Nights Cruise In on the Bagnell Dam Strip
3. Saturday May 15th, 2021 (250mi / 5 hours seat time)
a. 9:00 Am Depart Lodge at Port Arrowhead
b. 12:00 PM lunch at Hoppers Pub in Waynesville
c. 1:30 PM Depart Hoppers Pub
d. 5:00 PM Arrive back at Lodge at Port Arrowhead
e. 6:30 PM Dinner at H Toads
f. After dinner, drinks at either H Toads or at Fat Polly’s Pub at Lodge at Port Arrowhead
4. Sunday May 16th 2021 - Return home on your own schedule

Friday Morning:
Attachment:
Friday Morning.jpg
Friday Morning.jpg [ 285.15 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
Friday Afternoon:
Attachment:
Friday Afternoon.jpg
Friday Afternoon.jpg [ 221.57 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
Saturday Morning:
Attachment:
Saturday morning.jpg
Saturday morning.jpg [ 335.68 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
Saturday Afternoon:
Attachment:
Saturday Afternoon.jpg
Saturday Afternoon.jpg [ 250.71 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]

Dale E

I wasn't too clear. You can let me know if you are interested in this by replying here in forum or by conversation method.

Chad + 1 said they would be interested already.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I wish I was free, but that is the weekend that my youngest is graduating. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Dale E

Short update to this event.

Possibly 2 Goblins now, but we would like a few more. Let me know!

For those that have told me they are coming, please check the first post of the thread to confirm I have you listed and the number of attendees. If you only plan to attend a portion of the weekend, please let me know so I can let the restaurants know.

Attendees - car - head count
FieroReinke - Locost 7 - 2
Trialsmangasgas - Locost 7 - 2
Rodger Grantham - Lotus S7 - 1
David - Jaguar E Type - 1
Smith - Support Vehicle - 1
Tailwind - Locost 7 -1
Ngpmike - 1
V8seven - 2
Dale – StalkerV6 or Birkin S3 - 2
Chad - Goblin - 2
Mstieff - Elise - 1
Tim - Goblin – 2
Lonny - Goblin (3) - 5
Jamesm - Goblin - 2

Dale

Last edited:

Dale E

Latest update:

This is lodging information only. It is nice to stay in one place, so talking about cars is easier, and some folks like to hangout together and study the various builds to get ideas. I would not hold you to these arrangements if you want to find something maybe cheaper (and there are).

When: May 13 - 16 2021
Where: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Host Hotel: https://www.lodgeatportarrowhead.com/
573-693-9938
Group rate under the name "7 Gathering"
$145 / night including tax
I have 20 rooms blocked off but can add more.
Block expires April 14th.
Two night minimum, but do not need to stay all three nights.

Dale

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Dale, Kaleb will be finishing up finals that week but wants to attend the latter part. I will be there during the first part by myself until he can join. Neither of us will be staying since it's so close to home, but will attend dinners and head home when every retires for the evening.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Dale, Kaleb will be finishing up finals that week but wants to attend the latter part. I will be there during the first part by myself until he can join. Neither of us will be staying since it's so close to home, but will attend dinners and head home when every retires for the evening.
You wouldnt have room for a passenger during the first part? I dont think I will be registered by then but I am teaching just north of there that week would love to attend but not as a flatfoot.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You wouldnt have room for a passenger during the first part? I dont think I will be registered by then but I am teaching just north of there that week would love to attend but not as a flatfoot.
I’m sure we can do that. We would love to have you there.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Short update to this event.

Possibly 2 Goblins now, but we would like a few more. Let me know!

For those that have told me they are coming, please check the first post of the thread to confirm I have you listed and the number of attendees. If you only plan to attend a portion of the weekend, please let me know so I can let the restaurants know.

Attendees - car - head count
FieroReinke - Locost 7 - 2
Trialsmangasgas - Locost 7 - 2
Rodger Grantham - Lotus S7 - 1
David - Jaguar E Type - 1
Smith - Support Vehicle - 1
Tailwind - Locost 7 -1
Ngpmike - 1
V8seven - 2
Dale – StalkerV6 or Birkin S3 - 2
Chad - Goblin - 2
Mstieff - Elise - 1
Tim - Goblin – 2
Lonny - Goblin (3) - 5
Jamesm - Goblin - 2

Dale
Just worked out being able to come with the DFKC crew....WOOT WOOT!!! :D

Last edited:

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Man... I would really like to go to this but I'm not confident I will be able to make it. Its a 10-11 hour drive one way for me, and I don't have a way of transporting the Goblin other than driving it. I was scared taking it 15 miles on its maiden voyage 2 days ago... let alone a couple thousand in a weekend. I just don't know if I can trust a new build to go that far that soon. Would be different if I could test it some more but its currently 32F out. Bahhhh

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Man... I would really like to go to this but I'm not confident I will be able to make it. Its a 10-11 hour drive one way for me, and I don't have a way of transporting the Goblin other than driving it. I was scared taking it 15 miles on its maiden voyage 2 days ago... let alone a couple thousand in a weekend. I just don't know if I can trust a new build to go that far that soon. Would be different if I could test it some more but its currently 32F out. Bahhhh
I hear you, that is quite a long drive in any vehicle! The DFKC crew will have almost a 9 hour drive but we trailer our Goblins for the road trip. Hopefully we'll see you at another event in the future!

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I hear you, that is quite a long drive in any vehicle! The DFKC crew will have almost a 9 hour drive but we trailer our Goblins for the road trip. Hopefully we'll see you at another event in the future!
Completely coincidentally I am test driving a truck capable of pulling goblin on a trailer tomorrow... so there's still hope :D

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I'm hoping to have mine driving in about 4 weeks, I wonder how fast I can get it titled....

Nuker-

JPas914

Dang this is tempting. Gotta figure some things out for leave/time off. The 13-14 hr drive is nothing :D

JERMzSS

Gonna see if I can get off of work. The recent cold spell has us way behind. This sounds like alot of fun!