AN fitting won't push down far enough to lock on fuel pump (LNF)

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Anyone have any ideas on this? Others have used these same fittings I ordered I just cant figure out why they are bottoming out too early.

Thanks,
Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Yeah I bought a russel one also and same issue the clip part is too long to fully clip onto the LNF fuel pump nipple. What the hell.

I know others have gone this route, what did you end up using?

Thanks!
Nuker-

Brett

Yeah I bought a russel one also and same issue the clip part is too long to fully clip onto the LNF fuel pump nipple. What the hell.

I know others have gone this route, what did you end up using?

Thanks!
Nuker-
While I didn't use an fittings, I did use an aftermarket connector to my lnf fuel pump. I had to trim the clip part to the point that the fitting sat flush on the fuel pump and it clicked right on.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I bought two different brand and same problem. Made me mad because those Russell fittings are expensive as hell.
Connector.jpg

Shave off the part that sticks out from the connector. It doesn't do anything other than give you a place to squeeze to remove. I found that you can use a small screw driver to push it in the tabs if you need to take it off. I have over 20,000 miles on this configuration with zero leaks.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Thank you, I was considering that route but wanted to make sure that was acceptable!

Nuker-

I bought two different brand and same problem. Made me mad because those Russell fittings are expensive as hell.View attachment 21380

Shave off the part that sticks out from the connector. It doesn't do anything other than give you a place to squeeze to remove. I found that you can use a small screw driver to push it in the tabs if you need to take it off. I have over 20,000 miles on this configuration with zero leaks.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I had to trim the tabs off mine also, and then I drilled a couple of holes in the sides of mine to be able to push in the tabs to release it since mine didn't have the holes in the sides the other style has.