Lokian's Extended Street Gob in Indiana - 10 LS # 251

Lokian

Have you tried backing it out?
Just tried it. It is also as if the cable at the transmission is binding and causing issues. I will test some more later. Im going to disconnect the transmission there. Also I need to add transmission fluid.

Lokian

Sooo i removed the whole shifter assembly and made sure everything was not stupid tight but tight. Loosening the connections at the reverses and it made it return a lil more but not what I expected.

The selector at the transmission is hard to move up and down. Remove the cable and it is super smooth and require little force to move. Seems like maybe the cable?

Remove the tunnel piece and added screws on the sides to stop flexing. Reinstalled the cap with rivnuts and the flexing is gone.

Installed seats and dash panel as well :)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sooo i removed the whole shifter assembly and made sure everything was not stupid tight but tight. Loosening the connections at the reverses and it made it return a lil more but not what I expected.

The selector at the transmission is hard to move up and down. Remove the cable and it is super smooth and require little force to move. Seems like maybe the cable?

Remove the tunnel piece and added screws on the sides to stop flexing. Reinstalled the cap with rivnuts and the flexing is gone.

Installed seats and dash panel as well :)
View attachment 22886
View attachment 22888View attachment 22889
Post a picture of your cables and mount on the transmission. Are the ends of the cables angled coming off the bracket to the shift attach points? Any 'sharp' bends in the cable add a lot of friction to movement.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Several builders have commented previously about the bend in the cable coming off the bracket as a contribution to harder shifting effort. Some have added a slight bend in the bracket to straighten the cable angle to the shift connection, others have gone as far as making a new bracket. Maybe this is the source of the harder shifting or could be the cables need to get 'worn-in' a little to loosen up. :)