PLEASE Edit Signatures with links to your Build Threads

PaulPerger

I thoroughly enjoy reading build threads here, especially when I see someone post something I like. It makes me want to go look through their build thread. Especially when a comment like "Go check out my Build Thread... It's all explained there." But very few members here have their build threads linked in the signatures, which means I have to go hunt for it.

There is a feature here that I don't see a lot of users using that can make it much easier for people to find your build thread. Edit your signature to include a link to your build thread and then below every post you make there is a link to your build thread. Due to the fact that I see so few people using the feature I thought I would put together a quick tutorial on how to add a link to your build thread in your signature. It is super easy, takes less than five minutes and will drive people to your build.

Directions:
  1. Double Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen
  2. In the menu on the left, click on “Signature”.
  3. Edit your signature.
    1. Type “Build Thread: “ and then the title of your build thread
    2. Open your build thread in another tab or window and copy the address
    3. Come back to your signature tab
    4. Highlight your build thread name
    5. Click on the interlinked chains to the left of the picture icon
    6. Paste your Build thread’s URL into the URL Box and click “Insert”
    7. Save your signature
DONE. Now on every post of yours, past, present and future your signature with your build thread link will appear making it easy for someone to find your build thread!

Ross

Goblin Guru
Great tutorial. I am amazed how often a member asks a simple question, and don't mention what their donor car is. I can't remember everyone's donor, so putting that in your signature line definitely helps!

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I thoroughly enjoy reading build threads here, especially when I see someone post something I like. It makes me want to go look through their build thread. Especially when a comment like "Go check out my Build Thread... It's all explained there." But very few members here have their build threads linked in the signatures, which means I have to go hunt for it.

There is a feature here that I don't see a lot of users using that can make it much easier for people to find your build thread. Edit your signature to include a link to your build thread and then below every post you make there is a link to your build thread. Due to the fact that I see so few people using the feature I thought I would put together a quick tutorial on how to add a link to your build thread in your signature. It is super easy, takes less than five minutes and will drive people to your build.

Directions:
  3. Edit your signature.
    7. Save your signature
DONE. Now on every post of yours, past, present and future your signature with your build thread link will appear making it easy for someone to find your build thread!
I thought I would bump this one for the new guys on the forum. Extremely helpful. Most of us had an "aha" moment after Paul's original post.

Might be worth doing this regularly to inform the new members - if any of us can remember........ :)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Yup, definitely a good thing to bump. I've learned SOMETHING at least from every build thread I've read.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I wish signatures showed up on my phone, but they only show up on my laptop.
They do really help find information.

Whidbey Goblin

Directions:
  3. Edit your signature.
    7. Save your signature
Hopefully I did that right.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
After several times today having to figure out donor vehicle for trouble shooting and wondering why people don’t have it in their signature, I just realized what Ross posted above, that the signature doesn’t show on the phone.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you go to MEMBERS in the forum section list and search for any Registered Member the signature info will come up...just thought to add this for anyone wanting to know how to get to this info on a cell phone. :)