Another Donor?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I have just started my current build and just found another donor for the next one I build o_O:eek: should I make an offer?

Its a 2006 SS, Manual, with 120,000 miles

What do you guys think based on these photos?

Ross

Goblin Guru
You can always sell it in the future if you don't end up using it. Do you have the space? It will probably cost you less than the ZZP supercharger upgrade kit, and an 09 LS donor can always use the upgrade, right? LSJ swap the world!

Reactions: BW9

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Hard to say if it has shifted the engine and if there would be any damage to mounting tab, etc. Otherwise at 120K, it could potentially be a very good donor. Can you see it in person?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Asking price is $1,100, it’s about 2hrs from me. Replied to the posting last night but have not heard back yet?

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Pros and cons:

Pro - second source of donor parts if needed, second engine and transmission if future performance or appearance mods are desired can minimize downtime, second donor on hand if the desire to build again comes.

Cons - unnecessary expense, having a second donor encourages building a second Goblin (see Con #1)

Reactions: BW9

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
I have just started my current build and just found another donor for the next one I build o_O:eek: should I make an offer?

Its a 2006 SS, Manual, with 120,000 miles

What do you guys think based on these photos?

...but your donor is already pulled apart lol Ive watched you do it. An SS/SC would be fun though.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
You can always sell it in the future if you don't end up using it. Do you have the space? It will probably cost you less than the ZZP supercharger upgrade kit, and an 09 LS donor can always use the upgrade, right? LSJ swap the world!
Ross' logic is sound. The supercharger setup is worth $800-1100