r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have the MPVI2 version, but if you want to use an analog AFR gauge then you have to use the side adapter plug and wire the AFR to that. If you use a digital one, you get the serial to usb and wire the AFR sensor to a serial>usb adapter and plug straight to the PC, then set HPTuner to utilize that as a secondary input if I’m understanding @ctuinstra correctly.
The 07 (with the P12) don’t support CANBUS O2 that’s available. That’s why I had to use the analog.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Just wire the wideband 0-5v output into the AC pressure sensor pin in the ECU harness, then read AC pressure in HP Tuners as your AFR. No additional wiring required.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Just wire the wideband 0-5v output into the AC pressure sensor pin in the ECU harness, then read AC pressure in HP Tuners as your AFR. No additional wiring required.
I will be removing the AC compressor entirely during my rebuild and turbo swap (hopefully it's possible) so I think this might be a good experiment to try. Worst case I just cap the wires on there as if I just left it unplugged.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
ooooooooo....
Side pods!!!!!

:)
Hoping with the bottom fully enclosed (minus the engine bay) that I’ll reduce the lift on the front end. Means the heat exchangers had to go somewhere. Was going to run both in series for the water to air IC, but not sure if that will be overkill and if I should repurpose one to an oil cooler.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
If you plan on road course duty, the second one would be a really good idea. You can still put the the oil cooler in one of the side pods, behind the IC heat exchanger. Heat coming off the the IC HE is minimal compared to the stock oil cooler using the engine coolant to cool or heat the engine oil.
You'd still get plenty of cooling potential.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
ok, i wanted to do the same but was not sure the measurements of the floor plate. im sure i can find it somewhere. thank you sir
Took a tape measure to the floor. Nose to firewall is 71”, left to right is 47”. 6’x4’ section would cover it all easily.

You’d want to weld some extra tabs to the frame so you can bolt the floor to it.

Jcasson

Took a tape measure to the floor. Nose to firewall is 71”, left to right is 47”. 6’x4’ section would cover it all easily.

You’d want to weld some extra tabs to the frame so you can bolt the floor to it.
Thank you sir for taking the time to measure that for me. Now I know what I will need.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Would’ve liked the corners to be rounded to match the tubing, but looks good enough and will function the same either way.