Insurance Questions

barichuk

My insurance provider will only give liability and not comprehensive on my Goblin. I contacted Hagerty who said they don't cover this kind of car. I tried to convince them that they already have covered Goblins, but they wouldn't listen. Anyone have any good alternatives?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Progressive insures me with liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured & under insured.
I did have to go thru a local office, as they wouldn't insure me directly. Weird.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
American Modern insurance fully covers mine.

Hagerty wouldn’t touch it, neither would progressive or Allstate.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I was able to add mine to my normal car progressive policy online without ever talking to a real person. The rate was 1/2 of what my prius is too LOL.

Nuker-

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I have Hagerty & did it on the phone in 20 minutes. Hagerty, PO Box 1301, Traverse City, MI 49685 (800-922-4050). $20K coverage driven 3,000 miles per year was $306 a year.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have Hagerty & did it on the phone in 20 minutes. Hagerty, PO Box 1301, Traverse City, MI 49685 (800-922-4050). $20K coverage driven 3,000 miles per year was $306 a year.
Based upon this, I called them earlier this week and and was quoted $1300 for the same coverage (no tickets or accidents).

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Rally Insurance Group, underwritten by Modern. $482/yr, $20,000 value, $1,000 deductible, liability matching my daily driver. 6,000 miles/yr limit, track exclusion must be signed.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Mine is insured with the rest of my stuff at State Farm. I think mines like $280/yr for normal liability insurance.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
State farm, 34yo, married, no tickets, drive safe and save on the goblin and all my other vehicles (not sure how I haven't been kicked off this yet..) $500 deductible, $20k value.

6 month bill breakdown below.

Jm12

My State Farm agent got me covered after a couple of hiccups. I had no issues getting comprehensive coverage, the policy is setup exactly like my DD. They may ask for pictures. If so and you have a wing, take it off first. I was told that if it "looked" like a race car, they were less likely to cover it.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
They may ask for pictures. If so and you have a wing, take it off first. I was told that if it "looked" like a race car, they were less likely to cover it.
this also goes for getting it inspected/titled/registered through your state. Make it as “car like” as possible, not race car or dune buggy look.

Jm12

this also goes for getting it inspected/titled/registered through your state. Make it as “car like” as possible, not race car or dune buggy look.
Good point. I only had to get mine retitled so no one from the state had to lay eyes on it. I'm not sure how it would have gone if they had. I've read that bumpers and wipers might be necessary in my neck of the woods but so far so good.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Rally Insurance Group, underwritten by Modern. $482/yr, $20,000 value, $1,000 deductible, liability matching my daily driver. 6,000 miles/yr limit, track exclusion must be signed.

I called & emailed this person many times for 4-5 WEEKS with no response.

Corgithulhu

Based upon this, I called them earlier this week and and was quoted $1300 for the same coverage (no tickets or accidents).
I have my DD truck's insurance through a broker my family has worked with for a long time. When I spoke to her after I ordered my kit, she said that because I have a policy through them for a vehicle that can be considered daily use, they can consider the Goblin a weekend or low mileage use vehicle. The policy is going to be on par with others who are getting ~$500 annual rates. I can't speak more highly about having a broker that we have a good relationship with - she navigates the headache side of the insurance, and I essentially pay the same or maybe slightly less due to their buying power.

I'm 33, not married, and an extremely clean driving record.