Converted donor car

danielJ06

I am considering buying a 2006 SS converted to a K04 Turbo with 22 lbs boost from ZZ Performance (was a supercharged car from factory). Are there any concerns about this for a Goblin? Could this cause any implications for the build?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not as long as you know what you are getting into. I had a rule of thumb with my build; it ran and drove when I tore it down, it should run and drive when I put it in the goblin. In another words, as long as you don’t mess with anything other than thinning the wiring harness (like instructed) you should be fine. Once it’s in the goblin and confirmed running and driving, then you can mess around with everything.

With that car already highly modified, you will have the element of the condition of the engine/mods. hopefully they will give you their hp tuners stuff so you can mess around with everything when the time comes.

as far as ordering from DF. You’ll order a kit for a supercharged/manual, not a turbo. Everything you do will be as if it’s a stock supercharged car.

danielJ06

Not as long as you know what you are getting into. I had a rule of thumb with my build; it ran and drove when I tore it down, it should run and drive when I put it in the goblin. In another words, as long as you don’t mess with anything other than thinning the wiring harness (like instructed) you should be fine. Once it’s in the goblin and confirmed running and driving, then you can mess around with everything.

With that car already highly modified, you will have the element of the condition of the engine/mods. hopefully they will give you their hp tuners stuff so you can mess around with everything when the time comes.

as far as ordering from DF. You’ll order a kit for a supercharged/manual, not a turbo. Everything you do will be as if it’s a stock supercharged car.
Thanks RTTOYS. Quick question I assume when the goblin is done there will be an OBD ll port right?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. That’s most important.you’ll have a ton of codes for what’s missing, but you can still access what you need.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
I am considering buying a 2006 SS converted to a K04 Turbo with 22 lbs boost from ZZ Performance (was a supercharged car from factory). Are there any concerns about this for a Goblin? Could this cause any implications for the build?
Hey Daniel, we'd love to add you to our Goblin Family! Feel free to call us during business hours (Mon thru Fri 8 AM CST to 5 PM CST) & 1 of the guys would be happy to talk with you if you have any questions!