High speed instability

JPas914

To be fair, it’s an inside joke. I am anti wing, but to goof with the others in my area I bought these motorcycle winglets to put on the front of the goblin. That wasn't going to work without easily, so I tossed them on the mirrors. Which bolted right up. :D So I left them there. I will agree with Ross, they are more of a mirror protector.
I got them on Amazon, here’s the link.

Oh, I know you are anti-wing. Lol. But I wouldn’t mind adding something to help keep my mirrors from getting kicked to Mars.

SACTX

I am anti wing
Says the guy with a rear wing, front splitter with wing extensions, mirror wings, and a rear diffuser. Next, your cup holder will have winglets. Don’t you wear a motorcycle helmet that has built-in aerodynamics?

You are anti-Wing but have more aerodynamic devices than 95% of the Goblins on the road….

Another inside joke. He used to be the president of the anti-wang club….

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Says the guy with a rear wing, front splitter with wing extensions, mirror wings, and a rear diffuser. Next, your cup holder will have winglets. Don’t you wear a motorcycle helmet that has built-in aerodynamics?

You are anti-Wing but have more aerodynamic devices than 95% of the Goblins on the road….

Another inside joke. He used to be the president of the anti-wang club….
Anti wing, but pro aero. :D

I impeached myself. o_O

JPas914

Yes the car handles much different with a passenger. The right tire floats much worse when driving solo.
Even if it’s just just adding the driver’s weight, aligning the Goblin empty can result in a dangerous set-up when a driver and passenger are added. These cars are so light that being off by fractions of an inch can make them squirrely as hell.

For example, I set my suspension to be driveable with just me in the car (looking back, i wouldn’t dare call it driveable)….but when I took my 275lb friend for a spin, it was an absolute nightmare to drive. It wanted to pitch itself sideways under gentle acceleration to 40mph.

SACTX

Ok guys. Y'all should just figure on cutting your own parts. Shipping on parts this size is going to be pretty bad. Some parts would not be but bad the bigger parts get to UPS oversize dimensions and shipping goes through the roof. Shipping would be more than the materials are worth.... If someone wants to pick up or wants to arrange their own shipping we can work something out.

Attached are all of the files that I used for these. Let me know if you have any questions or want DXF files.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

SACTX

I just had a question that made me think of something.

The large diffuser works with the sides. The sides overhang the side of the car by about 5" to line up with the large splitter. If you make them overhang less, trim the "wings" off. If you want them wider, you'll need to widen the wings accordingly. There is a 1 1/4" gap between the backside of the sides and the lip on the diffuser that attaches to the floor between the rear fire wall and crossbrace so you can make them overhang less without cutting anything. I found that 5" is a good middle-ground so you don't have trouble getting out of the car or catch your foot while getting in.

To attach them all, use self tappers or barrel-bolts to attach with some 3M VHB tape (very little on the front and rear diffusers so you can get them off). I mainly used the tape to help hold everything in place while I was drilling holes and installing screws.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I just had a question that made me think of something.

The large diffuser works with the sides. The sides overhang the side of the car by about 5" to line up with the large splitter. If you make them overhang less, trim the "wings" off. If you want them wider, you'll need to widen the wings accordingly. There is a 1 1/4" gap between the backside of the sides and the lip on the diffuser that attaches to the floor between the rear fire wall and crossbrace so you can make them overhang less without cutting anything. I found that 5" is a good middle-ground so you don't have trouble getting out of the car or catch your foot while getting in.

To attach them all, use self tappers or barrel-bolts to attach with some 3M VHB tape (very little on the front and rear diffusers so you can get them off). I mainly used the tape to help hold everything in place while I was drilling holes and installing screws.
I like mine that you did for me, that’s the width of the stock floor pan, curves in and runs just outside the subframe. nice, clean and functional.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru

SACTX

This is the stuff we used. Not sure where Scott sourced it.

That's the stuff. 6mm thickness.

https://www.reecesupply.com/2304569/Product/Laminators-Alumalite Black 4x8x6mm Local in Houston

https://overnightgrafix.com/alumalite-material.html Where I got the last stuff because Reece didn't have the black when I needed it for mine and Rttoys' diffusers