Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor - Completed/Licensed

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Man that's a reality check for me on the wrap prices. I was hoping they would be half that.

Yeah.... Me too. I was like wow your high I'm going to check a couple more. All in the same bracket. I just think that the wrap is going to get rock chips, vs a nice real automotive clear coat will be able to be buffed.

Nuker-

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Yeah.... Me too. I was like wow your high I'm going to check a couple more. All in the same bracket. I just think that the wrap is going to get rock chips, vs a nice real automotive clear coat will be able to be buffed.

Nuker-
If you are going with a solid black you could even do one of the single stage urethanes from PPG or Axalta ( Dupont) Still able to be blocked and buffed out. But if your doing the stripe. I would use the BC/CC so you can block the clear smooth over the stripe.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Headlights are coming along, I'm building a small 4 axis cnc router to make some custom parts I need for the headlights. This is turning into more of a total custom headlight instead of a retrofit lol... But it is cold so I can't drive anyway.

Next week I'll drop off the spoiler uprights / passenger kick plate and Windscreen metal bracket for powder coating. After that i'm going to look at what I want to do with the nose. Local places asking around 1200-1400 for a wrap in CF/neon green stripe. But I have a buddy with an automotive paint shop so I might just paint it gloss black with a neon green stripe.

Nuker-
i have a cnc router if it helps.

Wrapping, especially on parts as easy as the Goblin body, is very easy. If you can stand to wait, Vivid vinyl runs a half off sale around New Years, it’s good stuff.

Tony

Headlights are coming along, I'm building a small 4 axis cnc router to make some custom parts I need for the headlights. This is turning into more of a total custom headlight instead of a retrofit lol... But it is cold so I can't drive anyway.

Next week I'll drop off the spoiler uprights / passenger kick plate and Windscreen metal bracket for powder coating. After that i'm going to look at what I want to do with the nose. Local places asking around 1200-1400 for a wrap in CF/neon green stripe. But I have a buddy with an automotive paint shop so I might just paint it gloss black with a neon green stripe.

Nuker-
How's your headlight design coming? I threw together a CAD model for a Mini H1 projector housing, I'm hoping to pick up a 3d printer soon and see how that goes. It's 4" in diameter and 6-3/4" long, which is somewhat comparable to the dominators, except a good HID bulb is ~3500 lumens (per bulb), compared to ~1500 for a good H4 incandescent :D

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
How's your headlight design coming? I threw together a CAD model for a Mini H1 projector housing, I'm hoping to pick up a 3d printer soon and see how that goes. It's 4" in diameter and 6-3/4" long, which is somewhat comparable to the dominators, except a good HID bulb is ~3500 lumens (per bulb), compared to ~1500 for a good H4 incandescent :D
While the 3D printer will be good for Porto-typing, it won't work well for the final project. The ABS or PLA will not hold up well to the heat generated.

Tony

While the 3D printer will be good for Porto-typing, it won't work well for the final project. The ABS or PLA will not hold up well to the heat generated.
From my research, ABS pipe holds up fine. I'm not sure if the extruded will be different, but I'm definitely going to try.

Andy

For the SS/SC guys on the MAF tube what does the brass hose barb do, does it connect to the valve breather hose and is it needed? Can I just put a breather filter there and plug the MAF tube hole?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
For the SS/SC guys on the MAF tube what does the brass hose barb do, does it connect to the valve breather hose and is it needed? Can I just put a breather filter there and plug the MAF tube hole?
Yes, that is where it connects. And yes, I believe you can just put an open filter on the valve cover. Some have swapped out the oil fill cap for a breather. The EPA doesn't like it. I wonder if that is where all the oily residue came from on the Laminiva tubes in the supercharger. Either that or the K/N filter soaked in oil.

Johvans

Yes, that is where it connects. And yes, I believe you can just put an open filter on the valve cover. Some have swapped out the oil fill cap for a breather. The EPA doesn't like it. I wonder if that is where all the oily residue came from on the Laminiva tubes in the supercharger. Either that or the K/N filter soaked in oil.
I had the same issue with the cores being coated. I'm installing a catch can now.

KJP

i have a cnc router if it helps.

Wrapping, especially on parts as easy as the Goblin body, is very easy. If you can stand to wait, Vivid vinyl runs a half off sale around New Years, it’s good stuff.

I how does the vivid compare to 3m? I have tried ebay wraps in the past on some items and have never had luck with those.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I how does the vivid compare to 3m? I have tried ebay wraps in the past on some items and have never had luck with those.
eBay wraps are impossible to use so don’t bother.

Vvivids older XPO wraps are pretty much on par with 3m. But the new Vvivd+ films are even better.

Vvivd is a little harder to stretch, but it responds to heat better. Sure doesn’t hurt that it’s cheaper.

Andy

On your O2 sensors my zzp shorty header has a sensor bung and then the muffler supplied with the kit has another did you reuse both the upstream and downstream sensors into the 2 spots even though there is no cat? Reason I ask my down stream sensor (the second one) stripped and needs replacement making sure both are used before I buy a replacement.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
On your O2 sensors my zzp shorty header has a sensor bung and then the muffler supplied with the kit has another did you reuse both the upstream and downstream sensors into the 2 spots even though there is no cat? Reason I ask my down stream sensor (the second one) stripped and needs replacement making sure both are used before I buy a replacement.
I ran the stock in the header port and then an AEM AFR in the DF port.

It’s my understanding you do not want to use the second 02 Sensor without a cat