Front suspension Video where is it?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Thanks, That is where I did put it.

In the picture I have also flipped the mounting bolts.

Your lower control arms are on the wrong side and upside down.

See the pic here:

Last edited:

Scott #321

Here is a pic of my set up, I am also running around 9.5 degrees of castor to help bump steer and straight line highway handling.
20211128_211836.jpg

This is the passenger side with the control arm in the top hole in the front and the rear hole in the rear.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Your lower control arms are on the wrong side and upside down.

See the pic here:

I think this correct now?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
No sir. The lower wishbone control arm that the bottom of the shock attaches to is what I was referring to. See my pic. The lower shock bolt should be BELOW the arm when installed.

Also, I have the steering rack end attaching to the underside of the control arm bolted to the knuckle. I do not think that the steering link attachment varies from donor models. If I am wrong about this, someone please chime in. Note that is a tapered connection at the end of the steering link.

1B15F233-5255-4C32-BF6A-1B0FF74481AD.jpeg

Ross

Goblin Guru
Close. The lower control arm is upside down. The shock mount should be below the lower control arm.

Scott #321

No worries everyone wants everyone else to have a successful and safe build. Just out of curiosity have you been referencing the helpful build photos in the assembly discussion? They are very helpful with stage 2 while awaiting build video releases.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Close. The lower control arm is upside down. The shock mount should be below the lower control arm.
View attachment 29049
While this is the prescribed orientation of the lower control arm, I think that it is worth noting that some builders (@ManDan1957's car comes to mind) installed them upside down/reversed to gain additional ground clearance.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
While this is the prescribed orientation of the lower control arm, I think that it is worth noting that some builders (@ManDan1957's car comes to mind) installed them upside down/reversed to gain additional ground clearance.
Well I do live in Florida where the DMV seem to think the Goblin is only legal for off road use.

If I could I would raise the back so I would always be driving down hill and be saving gas :p

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I think this correct now?

Is it just an optical illusion or are the rod end brackets - the black angled brackets at the top and bottom of the aluminum upright the a-arm rod ends attached to - in the wrong locations? If your kit came with both thick and thin (relatively), the thick brackets go on the bottom and thinner brackets go on top. If all 4 brackets are the same thickness, please disregard my poor eyesight. :D

Brett

Hey Jareth,
The upper control arm is correct. Your steering arms are upside down. The tie rod bolt should enter from the bottom. Here are a few pics from the drivers side of my build.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Technically they were mounted correctly in the aluminum piece, it was the aluminum piece that was upside down, it belonged on the other side of the car.

Some times I think I could screw up a free lunch. Hopefully if nothing else some future Goblin builder will learn from my mistakes.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Technically they were mounted correctly in the aluminum piece, it was the aluminum piece that was upside down, it belonged on the other side of the car.

Some times I think I could screw up a free lunch. Hopefully if nothing else some future Goblin builder will learn from my mistakes.

Got another pic of your front suspension from the front or behind?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Dose this video help? Dose the shock need to flipped around so that the adjustment knob is easier to turn?

Last edited: